We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best months weather

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Best months weather

Hello

What would the best months weather wis to travel from Hanoi sown as far as Nha Trang?

Mentioned in this post
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Khanh Hoa Province, Vietnam
vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
6,668 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best months weather

End of April to now, August. Nha Trang is pretty good all year round.

Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,579 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best months weather

I would say March through August. Viet1 is correct in that we have favorable weather in Nha Trang. Here is a link to weather charts that might ais you in your decision

owee58.com/2011/…

Owee

www.owee58.com

Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,940 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best months weather

I too would say March onwards, but be warned that early March can be cold in the north - this year it didn't warm up in Hanoi until about the third week of that month and it was often overcast and drizzly.

Mentioned in this post
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
14,780 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best months weather

Out of 4 trips, I would have to say March, then Nov-Dec (I don't like it really hot). They say that April is the hottest.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
591 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best months weather

in nha trang, july and august are the hottest

Melbourne
Level Contributor
258 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best months weather

When you say hot or cold what temps are you referring to as cold to some people is 15c where hot could be above 30c.. Hate to be more specific but could you mean mild and the temp is actually 20-25c ...So confused by what you call as hot and cold Cheers macca

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
4,767 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best months weather

I had a cold december in Nha Trang, not 15C at night like in Hanoi but unusually freezing adding humidity and wind....around 20C i guess...

Hot has no upper limits, under the sun if you are on a bungalow on the beach it will go to 32C in 5 minutes after you switch off A/C.

Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,940 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best months weather

Because of the very high humidity in Hanoi and places nearby, the damp air makes 15 C there feel much colder than the same temperature does in other places.

For example, when I arrived in Hanoi in March this year and the temperature ranged between 15 and 20 C for the first 2 weeks or so, I felt far colder than I had at 10 C in the UK, where the humidity is lower - about the same as in Melbourne, if I remember correctly.

I didn't start to feel warm until the temperature climbed to 25-27 C, whereas in the UK I would be feeling very hot in the same temperature range. A little over 30 C can be considered hottish, and nearing 40C it's debilitatingly hot, but that doesn't happen until mid to late April in the north.

Mentioned in this post
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
591 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best months weather

summer in nha trang is mid to high 30's'c, humidity is not too bad, being by the sea is not too hot

cold in december, with the winds and humidity, it gets down to +20'C, maybe 18'C at night, in the daytime it may get down to 22 or so, feels quite cold

Hanoi
Level Contributor
734 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best months weather

I was there in July and feel the weather is great with sunny at day and it's blowing very coolly at afternoon.