We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to hoi an

melbourne
Level Contributor
20 posts
24 reviews
How to get to hoi an

I'm coming back to Nha trang in september for the second time this year and want to do a trip to hoi an. What are the ways and cost to get there?

Thanks in Advance

Alan

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
15,248 posts
74 reviews
1. Re: How to get to hoi an

Really the best way is air travel. The train takes forever and in my experience, none too clean! Don't even think about the bus - unless you like to flirt with danger.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
77 posts
19 reviews
2. Re: How to get to hoi an

I did the opposite, and flew from Hoi An to Nha Trang. The nearest airport is Da Nang, which is maybe a 40 minute drive from the Ancient Town. The flight was around an hour and cost me $86 (using Vietnam Air).

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
35 reviews
3. Re: How to get to hoi an

Bus is cheapest $10, train is double that and flying depends on when and where you book it.

Hanoi
Level Contributor
734 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: How to get to hoi an

flight is best and save, train is great experience to see sites in VN along the way, so it depends on your desire. If you have enough time, train is good idea. train or bus you have to go to Da nang coz there is no train station or airplane in HA

Ben Tre, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
51 reviews
5. Re: How to get to hoi an

Bus trip is not bad at all and save you quite alot money, the drive is beautiful as there are lots to see along the way.I would receomend to take bus if you are in budget and not in the rush.Otherwise Fly is faster but still need the car transfer from the airport to Hoi An which is 45 minutes.

Cheers,

Nhung

Collaroy Beach...
Level Contributor
4,075 posts
219 reviews
6. Re: How to get to hoi an

Aldog,

Same old story in VN, budget vs time. If you have the money but short on time, Fly and vica versa.

Mark

Quainton, United...
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
9,461 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: How to get to hoi an

There's a train (the SE4) from Nha Trang at 05:38 every day to danang arriving 14:30. Hoi an is a 30km taxi or bus ride away.

The train fare for an air-condiitoned soft seat will be something like 337,000 dong, about $17.

Air travel will be hassle of getting to and from airports, checking in, the train ride will (as always) be an integral part of the Vietnam experience.

The air-con soft seats on the newer 'SE' number trains aren't bad at all.

The most scenic bit, though, is beyond Danang to Hue where the railway runs through the Hai Van Pass and right along the coast past cliffs and beaches.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
25,474 posts
70 reviews
8. Re: How to get to hoi an

If you're on a budget, train is a better option than bus, unless you can get reliable recommendations for a good bus company. Too many bus operators drivers are cowboys and have poorly maintained, mechanically unsafe buses,and/or or reckless drivers which, combined with the free for all traffic style which exists on many of VN's highways, makes bus travel a risky gamble.

melbourne
Level Contributor
20 posts
24 reviews
9. Re: How to get to hoi an

I think train or bus is the go to see more on my holiday

Hue, Vietnam
Level Contributor
363 posts
16 reviews
10. Re: How to get to hoi an

Take a train or plane to get to Danang city and then take car to Hoi An. It is better to get on plane

Get answers to your questions about Nha Trang
Recent Conversations