We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not quite sure where to stay in Nha Trang?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Not quite sure where to stay in Nha Trang?

Hi there,

We are heading to Nha Trang very early Oct this year. We will only have 3 nights there. Travelling with 3 children - 9, 12 & 13. Can anyone suggest a nice hotel ON the beach that is not in the heart of the touristy area? We are happy to be a bit out of town but still possibly have access to other options for resturants etc.

I have looked at Mia Resort.

Thanks

Wagga Wagga...
12 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Not quite sure where to stay in Nha Trang?

Hi, our family of 4 stayed in interconnecting rooms @ the Novatel across the road from the beach in Nha Trang. They have their own part of the beach with nice thatched roof umbrellas & beach chairs. We found it to be a great spot. Easy access to taxis & walking distance to many good little cafes & bars. Did the Red Lantern cooking class with shopping for ingredients at the market in the morning then back to restaurant to cook (was great). We also did Vin Pearl water & amusement park for a whole day (that was fun too).

Have fun!!

Cheers

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
5,608 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Not quite sure where to stay in Nha Trang?

Mia resort is a bit far away, but if you are looking for something similar and a bit closer to town try Diamond bay resort, bit more for the kids there. Otherwise on the beach but still close to restaurants but out of the tourist area look at sunrise. Cheaper and closer to tourist area is the new 3 star luxury hotel. Your best bet may be the light hotel, 3 star on tran phu street ( beach road ) good pool and close to everything.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Not quite sure where to stay in Nha Trang?

Thanks for that! I'll do some research into your suggestions.

Cheers

Ho Chi Minh
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Not quite sure where to stay in Nha Trang?

I prefer stay at Novotel and Asia Paradise hotel (Tran Phu St). There are some resort away city are Hon Tam Resort, White Sand Doc Let, Mia resort

You also ask Owee in this forum. He may know well and can help you

Cheers

Tipperary, Ireland
Level Contributor
455 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Not quite sure where to stay in Nha Trang?

hi, have a look at the tide hotel, i've been looking at this hotel and seems really well run, it's outside the tourist area loads of cheap restaurants around the area and seems to have local fell to it but run by a canadian man and he's wife, the bus(30cent) stops outside to bring you into the tourist area and beach.

it gets great reviews on here, hope this helps. happy travels.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
606 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Not quite sure where to stay in Nha Trang?

The Tide Hotel is the best option if you want to stay out of the main tourist are. Owen (an Canadian expat) can arrange most if not all details for a great holiday in Nha Trang and for onward travel. There is also a beach across from the hotel great local food near by and very close to bus stops for trips into town. I have stayed there twice and enjoyed both times.

Please contact him at tidehotel@live.com

Sheffield UK
Level Contributor
186 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Not quite sure where to stay in Nha Trang?

OP - frankbooth - was firstly looking at Mia Resort and is going to check out similar places. The Tide Hotel is a budget hotel so I don't think it is quite what he is looking for.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,575 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Not quite sure where to stay in Nha Trang?

Take a look at the Ana Mandara resort. It is right on the beach but in the heart of the tourist area. You may also want to look at VinPearll resort. They have a shuttle to get you into Nha Trang. The kids will love the amusement park located on the island.

Owee

www.owee58.com

Melbourne
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Not quite sure where to stay in Nha Trang?

Wow! Just got a price back from Diamond Bay Resort, I didn't expect to be so expensive at Nha Trang. I'll keep looking.

Cheers

Alexandra Vic...
Level Contributor
391 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Not quite sure where to stay in Nha Trang?

Must agree , save your hard earned $ and go and eat a great Pho at the Tide hotel , great people and nice and quite. We travelled with our 20 yr old son & 12 yr old daughter, we loved the budget accom as you get to meet more people and get ideas. Please don't presume that people are looking for resorts,they might just want ideas. We received most of our advise on this forum and had a wonderful time and by saving on not having swimming pools and fluffy towels we are already planning a return trip next year.

Get answers to your questions about Nha Trang