We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the beach clean?

Bellevue, Washington
Level Contributor
28 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Is the beach clean?

My husband and I are traveling to Nha Trang next May, and are having trouble deciding on a hotel. We spoke to a Vietnamese friend, and he recommended spending extra money to stay at a hotel with a private beach. He indicated that the public beaches are dirty and crowded. Is this correct?

In terms of a hotel, we don't need anything fancy, but it would be nice to have a few good days on a clean beach. We were looking at Novotel which appears to have a private beach - ? But we were also looking at more budget hotels like Green Peace and Golden Sea which look perfectly adequate too. We hope to not spend much time in the room....

Thank you in advance your help! We appreciate any information you can share.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,579 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the beach clean?

The beaches are cleaned daily and for the most pard are litter free. Sometimes after storms or high run off from the Cai river there can be a few bad beach days

The beach in front of the Novatel is fine but not private. Please ignore the anti Nha Trang gang. NT has undergone a lot of positive changes to make it a clean and safe place to be..... and it is known for being Vietnams most popular beach destination.

Owee

www.owee58.com

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
4,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the beach clean?

I am in Nha Trang once or twice a year and the beach is clean. Having said that I cannot guarantee that you won't see the odd plastic bag floating in the ocean, but that is not isolated to Nha Trang. The beach itself, the sand and the sun beds are fine.

Start looking forward to your visit today.

Bellevue, Washington
Level Contributor
28 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the beach clean?

This is good information - thank you! We won't worry about trying to find a hotel with a 'private' beach then.

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
6,827 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is the beach clean?

Nothing wrong with the main beach. The beaches on the islands are much better but accommodation is more expensive. Still good for a day trip. You can also take a trip down to long beach ( Bai Dai) good swimming and many Vietnamese seafood restaurants right on the beach.

Sheffield UK
Level Contributor
186 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is the beach clean?

We took photographs of the beach in Nah Trang in April this year and in lots of them there are no other people. We purposely took them to show friends how uncrowded they were!!!

They were taken from the Sherton hotel part of the beach looking towards the river end of Nha Trang and there were many days when there was not a soul on there.

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,785 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is the beach clean?

I agree beaches literally empty for most part in Nha Trang. I commented to my gf how unbusy things seemed to be. (observing from Novotel Balcony)

Edited: 28 December 2011, 16:58
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3,576 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is the beach clean?

The wife and I walked the beach today from the Sailing Club all the way up to the Sheraton. Yes, perhaps every 50 yards or so, you saw a single piece of plastic bag or something other than a coconut but nothing dramatic.

On the way back, which by that time was approaching 3 PM, we saw people with large rakes combing the beach for trash that late in the day, so it appears to be constantly maintained. It's a nice beach.

Richard

Bellevue, Washington
Level Contributor
28 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is the beach clean?

Thank you all for the additional comments. I'm looking forward to the trip!

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
10,093 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is the beach clean?

The beach generally in front of Hotels and Resorts everywhere in VN get daily treatment but the problem is the South China Sea and those who misuse it. I have noticed a concerted effort to address the rubbish situation in VN and steps forward are being made.

I would hope that the old saying of a "private beach" is disappearing fast as there is no such thing. The Hotels may make ownership claims and access difficult at times,but the law doesn't support private ownership past the Hotel boundary.

Cheers Ross

10. Re: Is the beach clean?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2013, 15:48
Get answers to your questions about Nha Trang