We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mai linh taxi from nha trng airport ..DEFINITELY NO!!

Nelson Bay...
Level Contributor
24 posts
27 reviews
mai linh taxi from nha trng airport ..DEFINITELY NO!!

Caught a Mai Linh as generally honest and reliable. This young hoon drove at 120kph along the airport drive and we had to tell him severely to slow down. His meter showed 495,ooo when we got to our hotel when we were expecting 320. Hardly any English. This has put me off Mai Linh completely and when I complained on their website they did not even bother to reply. His taxi number was 108. Beware.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,579 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: mai linh taxi from nha trng airport ..DEFINITELY NO!!

Skippy..... Generally the Mai Linh company is quite reliable an honest. First of all it is impossible to drive that road over 80 kph but I can understand how it can feel much faster. Secondly, the drivers are required to run the meter for mileage purposes but the fare is a fixed rate. Sometimes the drivers will try to play on the visitors confusion and get you to pay the meter rate in which case you did the right thing. I have had overcharging taxi's actually return to my place with a refund in their hand and tail between legs after notifying the company. Perhaps Mai Linh did not reply, but rest assured that they most likely followed your complaint up. They are trying very hard to clean up some of the problems.

Owee

www.owee58.com

Nelson Bay...
Level Contributor
24 posts
27 reviews
2. Re: mai linh taxi from nha trng airport ..DEFINITELY NO!!

We were watching the speedo, alarmed, and it definitely read 120-125kph.

Ithink I will report the matter again to the taxi company as I don't want other tourists to experience this. Thanks for responding Owee.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
92 posts
3. Re: mai linh taxi from nha trng airport ..DEFINITELY NO!!

You are completely right to complain it to Mai Linh Taxi. Although, Mai Linh is famous and reliable one in Viet Nam but it seems that some drivers still earn money from tourists at all costs. I am sorry to hear about that.

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
6,937 posts
35 reviews
4. Re: mai linh taxi from nha trng airport ..DEFINITELY NO!!

Good you got the number and we know to avoid him.

Yes do report it again as I'm sure management would sort it out. Maybe get a Vietnamese from your hotel to report it. Let us know what happens. As Owee says they are one of the best here in general.

QLD
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
25 reviews
5. Re: mai linh taxi from nha trng airport ..DEFINITELY NO!!

Every taxi I have caught in Vietnam has a sticker on the dash like this one (for Hanoi)

imageshack.us/photo/…

showing what the rate is airport to city and return.

THAT is the price.

I agree with owee, there is no way they can do 120k all the way on that road,

But there is a straight section that runs for about 12 klm that they could possibly go fast on, if you consider 120kph fast.

And really, 1 bad experience out of the thousands of drivers for Mai Linh is enough to put you off?

One from Vinasun as well and you'll be walking to the airport next time.

Edited: 31 October 2011, 10:02
6. Re: mai linh taxi from nha trng airport ..DEFINITELY NO!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 31 October 2011, 13:05
7. Re: mai linh taxi from nha trng airport ..DEFINITELY NO!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 31 October 2011, 13:05
nha trang
Level Contributor
205 posts
1 review
8. Re: mai linh taxi from nha trng airport ..DEFINITELY NO!!

It's not just one experience. The locals on message boards chastise mailinh drivers all the time for their recklessness. In nha trang they are the worst.

QLD
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
25 reviews
9. Re: mai linh taxi from nha trng airport ..DEFINITELY NO!!

Its one experience for the OP

I never experienced any issues at all from any companies for the time I was there

Edited: 31 October 2011, 14:48
Sheffield U.K
Level Contributor
997 posts
11 reviews
10. Re: mai linh taxi from nha trng airport ..DEFINITELY NO!!

I always use Mai Linh taxis from the airport into Nha Trang some do go faster than others the last one we was in (sept 2011)got upto 80kmph but like others have said 120 all the way on that road some of the bends on there are bad ones, the price on the metre would say about 495vnd but the fare is fixed at 390vnd

Get answers to your questions about Nha Trang