We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

V H Hospital not open/operational yet!

Maitland, Australia
Level Contributor
421 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
V H Hospital not open/operational yet!

After our recent trip to Vietnam, where my daughter became ill in Nha Trang, and we had a horrible hospital experience, I wrote to the General Manager of the Ana Mandara, expressing my distress that they did not send us to the VK Hospital, the new "western standards" hospital. The General Manager sent me a lovely reply which included some information about the VK Hospital (which he visited after receiving my email). I have included part of his letter below, which I thought might be of interest to some of you, as we have previously discussed this hospital being open and available in Nha Trang, on TA.

Extract from letter:

"I am fully aware of the VK hospital and have been monitoring their progress over the past few months. I personally visited the facility 5 months ago when it was just a clinic with no rooms when my young 4 years old daughter got sick with a cold. At the time there was no English speaking doctor and we had to use "Google translation" with them to know the result of our visit.

I visited them again this morning on an unannounced visit to see for myself following your feedback.

There is no doubt that hopefully it can be the future of Nha Trang healthcare in the very near future but it is simply not ready at the moment.

This morning there was no one speaking English available to direct us around and there were no doctor available neither to speak to us. The Xray room was being painted during our tour and the CT scanner room was full of cartoon boxes with all equipment off.

The two brand new operating theatre were available for showing with all equipment unplugged, they have never been used so far.

Plastic cover is still visible on most equipment, TV and air conditioning system.

We visited some very well appointed patient room; all empty with dust on the furniture and floor.

We had a look at the two ambulances available, looking good and basic but nothing modern.

The management confirmed to me that they would only be operational sometime next month and would apply to be fully accredited by international insurances at the beginning of next year.

When asked if they could provide a doctor to come to our resort we were told "no sorry not at the moment as we do not have enough equipment for our doctor to do so".

When i also inquired about the qualification of the 3 doctors and their operational background; it was not available this morning neither was a brochure in English.

All in all they might have the best "hardware" and website as well as shiny new lobby but the "software" and full operational facilities is simply not ready.

I very much hope that they can open fully very quickly as we were told this morning as it is badly needed in Nha Trang and i shall have no hesitation then in recommending them to our customer".

Thought this information might be useful as it is as a result of his personal visit to the facility :)

Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Khanh Hoa Province, Vietnam
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
4,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: V H Hospital not open/operational yet!

" very much hope that they can open fully very quickly as we were told this morning as it is badly needed in Nha Trang and i shall have no hesitation then in recommending them to our customer"

Hmm, judging from the 10 months delay on our apartment building in Nha Trang (so far), nothing seems to get ready on time.

Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Khanh Hoa Province, Vietnam
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,832 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: V H Hospital not open/operational yet!

very interesting

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
6,667 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: V H Hospital not open/operational yet!

A doctor friend of mine works there and he speaks English. He is a paediatrician and the head of the hospital speaks English. I have been there for a consultation but had my small op at another private clinic as it was cheaper. They told me they had foreign doctors there but maybe they have gone by now as it's been open for a while. There is also a pharmacy on the property. I know other people who have been there for blood work and x-rays and seemed satisfied.

I will take a walk down there in the next few days to see what's going on and what services they can provide as I was under the impression it was up and running. Always good to know what options you have available to you.

Maitland, Australia
Level Contributor
421 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: V H Hospital not open/operational yet!

Viet, I await your visit with great anticipation. I think it is really important that the truth is revealed, so that others can know what options are available to them. Thanks.

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
6,667 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: V H Hospital not open/operational yet!

I will get back to you on that.

I was there shortly after it opened, not sure exactly when that was. it was only a 3 story building and the operating rooms were not finished. I remember them saying they were building a larger hospital next door. Possibly this is what the GM is referring to.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,579 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: V H Hospital not open/operational yet!

Hmmmmm I am at odds with the letter you received. They are adding a new wing but most services are already running.. I was there a number weeks back with a complicated medical condition which they had no problem understanding... In fact, the Vietnamese doctors English was excellent, as was the reception. I even know a fellow that had to go there for surgery and had steel screws insertid into his severely damaged knee. The problem is that knowbody seems to know of the hospitals existence.I live here and only found out about it from a tourist that had had a serious collision. Somehow he ended up there and told me about it. I had to visit for myself to confirm.

Owee

www.owee58.com

Maitland, Australia
Level Contributor
421 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: V H Hospital not open/operational yet!

Owee - it does seem strange that both you and Viet have used this service (or known someone that has used this services) yet I get a whole different story from the GM.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
4,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: V H Hospital not open/operational yet!

Sounds to me as if you guys may not be talking about the same place.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,832 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: V H Hospital not open/operational yet!

that's what i thought O & O

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
6,667 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: V H Hospital not open/operational yet!

Just going to have some pho and will walk down there and see what's going on. I may need there services after the pho :-)