We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vietnam Airlines Help Please

UK
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Vietnam Airlines Help Please

Have just completed booking our international flights, for our first trip to Vietnam in Feb next year. Have been trying for two weeks now, to book return flights from Ho Chi Min to Nha Trang. Have tried to use VietnamAirlines.com.vn web site.However never get past the first page, or the site just wont load! Also tried a link I found on the web to their western europe site, same thing. Rang their Uk office in London but never get to speak to anyone, as the line hangs up after 5mins on hold.Travel agents here in the Uk are quoting anything from £160pp up to £212pp return.Has anyone got any thoughts on the best/cheapest way we can book these seat's?As we arrive Feb 1st 2011 (new year time in Vietnam I think) we want to have confirmed flights so we can book our hotels.Also anyone give us heads up on what Nha Trang will be like the 1st two weeks of Feb? Weather, Celebrations night life,

hotels likly to get booked up quickly.Many Thanks in advance for any replys. Efus

Orange, CA
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
1. Re: Vietnam Airlines Help Please

did you try removing the .vn ? i bought tix from Tokyo to Saigon on the site a couple weeks ago.

vietnamairlines.com.vn/wps/…

UK
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
2. Re: Vietnam Airlines Help Please

Yep have tried all possable combinations of the web address, nothing seems to work. Their western europeian site re-directs you to a company called Altenative Airline's Ltd who claim to be their authorized partnerfor flight booking's.So Im stumped :( But thanks for your quick reply. Anymore ideas folks?

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,941 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Vietnam Airlines Help Please

Can it be something to do with your computer? I'm also in the UK and don't have any problem with pages loading, either with or without .vn on the address.

I've had a quick look at fares, and between 2 and 8 February there are two prices: £23.88 and £31.70 each way - substantially less than the quotes you've received in the UK.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,990 posts
46 reviews
4. Re: Vietnam Airlines Help Please

Someone else mentioned, not that long ago, that they were having the same problem accessing the VA site. I don't know if they ever resolved it.

UK
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
5. Re: Vietnam Airlines Help Please

Thanks for that Creakingbones. I had considered that, so have tried both my main laptop, as well as an older desktop that is only used by the kid's now for school work, same failed result on both PC's. So the only other solution would have to be a server problem with my ISP. But as to why it would block Vietnam Airlines website is a puzzel. Now that I can see that I am that close to getting those much lower price's Im pulling my hair out even more!! Ahhh :( Perhaps will try the next door neighbours connection to see if I have any luck there.

Europe
Level Contributor
870 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Vietnam Airlines Help Please

Try changing the dns you use. Instead of using your provider's regular dns (make a note of it before changing!), try using 208.67.222.222

That is opendns. Perhaps there is something wrong with the cache.

I recently booked with VA online, and their site shows fine today, albeit with some delay. Vietnamese sites often load slowly in Europe.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,579 posts
30 reviews
7. Re: Vietnam Airlines Help Please

privatebruger.... cool....You and me have to have a talk someday ;

Owee

www.owee58.com

Europe
Level Contributor
870 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Vietnam Airlines Help Please

Owee: I might pop by, the flight I booked was Tan Son Nhat -> Nha Trang first week of August...

Cheers,

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
6,881 posts
35 reviews
9. Re: Vietnam Airlines Help Please

If still having problems with the VA site try booking through a local travel agent.They will be much less than the price you were quoted.Feb 4th is Tet,their new year so things will be pretty much sold out a week before and after.

Weather should be fine as the rainy season will be over.Good idea to book accommodation soon as the city will be chock-a -block.Plenty of Vietnamese celebrations going on down by the beach and everyone in a party mood.Post closer to the time for more details.

Sheffield U.K
Level Contributor
997 posts
11 reviews
10. Re: Vietnam Airlines Help Please

Hi efus

i had trouble with VN airlines web page a few months ago (feb) but it was the last page that was the problem all sorted know though,

The only advice i can give you if the problem persist is, book your hotels and ask them to book the flights for you ime sure they will do that for you they may charge a couple of quid to do it but thats all