We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Doc Let Beach worth a trip?

Toronto
Level Contributor
700 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Is Doc Let Beach worth a trip?

Hello

Do you recommend Doc Let Beach as a day trip from Nha Trang? or it is similar to Nha Trang Beach?

thanks

Tarentum...
Destination Expert
for Da Nang, Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park
Level Contributor
3,135 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Doc Let Beach worth a trip?

went there last month on a day trip from Nha Trang, not much happening there, quiet public beach area....very remote, also visited The Paradise resort. Very out of they way if you want seclusion.

Drifter

www.vnfrom.blogspot.com

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
6,825 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Doc Let Beach worth a trip?

I very much like it there and go as often as I can.Paradice beach resort is worth a nights stay and a day trip out on there boat is not expensive.

You have a long beach pretty much to yourself.There is a govt run resort there that has everything,swimming pool,tennis courts,restaurants/bar.To the left is a fresh seafood market with Vietnamese restaurants right on the beach with watersports.On the right you have the 3 star white sands resort.

So a little bit of everything and just over an hour from Nha Trang.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,579 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Doc Let Beach worth a trip?

I have me the owner or the Paridise Mihic Sor'i.. a very nice man. I will stay there myself when I want some peace and seclusion

His website is here

http://www.vngold.com/doclet/paradise/

Owee

www.owee58.com

Toronto
Level Contributor
700 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Doc Let Beach worth a trip?

thanks so much for all the replies

Do I take a metered taxi to Doc Let Beach from Nha Trang for negotiate a flat rate? Would the taxi wait for me or come back for me or just take another one back to Nha Trang?

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
6,825 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Doc Let Beach worth a trip?

Negotiate a flat rate,he will wait,for best price.Can always talk to a local travel agent for more advice.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,579 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Doc Let Beach worth a trip?

I have heard that he will arrange to have you picked up from NhaTrang by a private car... I am not sure the source. Give him a phone call when here in NhaTrang, and he will tell you the best way, or better yet, pick you...

Owee

www.owee58.com

vietnam
Level Contributor
160 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Doc Let Beach worth a trip?

I think it's better,worth the trip.Not so busy and not many people there during the week.Vietnamese families like to go there on the weekend.Fresh seafood is very good and not expensive.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Doc Let Beach worth a trip?

I will stay 5 nights ( 4 days in Nha Trang), not too much interested in Vinpearl Land so will look for surrounding beaches in Nha Trang.

I heard the name Long Beach quite often, which one is better between Long Beach and Doc Let Beach ? Can we make a day trip there instead of overnight, and which way is better ?

Thanks

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
6,825 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Doc Let Beach worth a trip?

Bai dai or long beach is a 30min drive from Nha Trang.Good swimming beach in shallow water.No accommodation there,lots of small Vietnamese seafood restaurants where you can chill out on a hammock.Good for a half or full day trip.

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
6,825 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is Doc Let Beach worth a trip?

Sorry forgot.Only one way there,road to the airport.You will pass Diamond bay resort,where they had the miss universe contest last year.As you have use of the car for half/full day,may as well drop in there.Massive swimming pooland golf driving range.They have just opened a new restaurant called Rose's seafood,may be worth a look.

Get answers to your questions about Nha Trang