We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vin Pearl Land -is it worth the trip?

toronto
Level Contributor
42 posts
Vin Pearl Land -is it worth the trip?

I'm heading to Vietnam/Cambodia and possibly Thailand for 19 days in July/Aug with my partner and 11yr old daugher. Wondering if VinPearlland is worth the trip. We were intending to stay 1-2 nights, taking the overnight train from Ho Chi Minh City. (approx. $16US each for a soft sleeper -though not too certain how "soft" it will be). At a rate of $167/night including 3 meals daily, is it worth making the trip here or should we stick to the smaller local beaches and more creative/authentic trips/sites?

We're fully capable of and intend to stay in small guesthouses for the balance of our trip, however we heard about this place and thought a brief stop might be worth it... maybe a 1/2 day trip there instead???

Also, depending on the situation in Bangkok in the summer, we may not go. That being said, where else should we go in Vietnam if we have approx. 5 days total for the country? I'd like to ride an elephant for my birthday. Any recommendations for this experience in Southern Vietnam?

All advice welcome!

Byron Bay, Australia
Level Contributor
679 posts
35 reviews
62 helpful votes
1. Re: Vin Pearl Land -is it worth the trip?

We were there in May 2009 with my son (15). Whilst it doesnt really compare to say Disneyland, We still enjoyed our day there. There is a theme park, waterpark & small beach. The waterpark has all the usual rides with waterslides, lazy river etc, And the theme park has a huge indoor area with things like car racing, dodgems, air hockey etc, and all the games are included in the ticket price.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
9,223 posts
48 reviews
55 helpful votes
2. Re: Vin Pearl Land -is it worth the trip?

chunger It may not compare to Disney but it is a tourist destination. And a snip at 320.000 dong for entrance. Bargain price compared to Disney when I last went. And why not try out an authentic Vietnamese them park. Beats sitting on authentic small plastic chairs any day!

www.vinpearlland.com/en-US/Home/default.aspx

I' just wonder if the troubles in Thailand are a re-run and will follow the same course it did when I was there at Songkran time in Bangkok last year. Trouble up to Songkran, no trouble afterwards. And even though the news reports in the UK etc were full of the problems there, making it sound dire, it really was confined to a couple of places. I certainly had no problems getting out and about (I only saw one truckload of troops). The occupation of the airport was a totally different matter though and occurred much later. I don't think they would be allowed to get away with doing that again.

As for elephant rides down south, I cannot ever recall seeing any, except in Saigon zoo. Saw some being ridden in Cambodia (Angkor Wat) and Thailand (nr Pattaya).

Depending on the time you have in HCMC there is Dam Sen water park that an 11yr old would probably have an enjoyable time at. Again not up to Disney levels but a reasonable half day out..

Edited: 07 April 2010, 06:55
toronto
Level Contributor
42 posts
3. Re: Vin Pearl Land -is it worth the trip?

Thanks for your replies ByronBay1 and 69bertie. I guess the fact that neither my daughter nor I have ever visited Disney will be to our advantage in this situation!

Did either of you stay overnight or simply make a day trip of it? Is one full day there enough seeing as there is so much else in Vietnam worthy of experiencing?

I`ll have to look into the elephant ride while visiting Siem Reap later on in our trip. (must cross a few things off my dork list while overseas).

Thanks!

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
7,130 posts
36 reviews
19 helpful votes
4. Re: Vin Pearl Land -is it worth the trip?

Hi Chunger,I would go for the half day trip.Theres also a govt/provincial waterpark on the beachfront nothing special but good for kids.Try the 4 island day trip $6,best deal in town.

Elephant riding is done in Da Lak,in the country side,not to far from Nha Trang.The travel agency I deal with wanted to sell me a trip but I wasen't interested so didn't take much notice.You can get a hold of them at www

vietnamjungletravel.com

Byron Bay, Australia
Level Contributor
679 posts
35 reviews
62 helpful votes
5. Re: Vin Pearl Land -is it worth the trip?

We just did a daytrip, but spent the whole day there. Did the theme park stuff in the morning and then the Aquarium & waterpark in the afternoon. One day is enough to do everything we wanted to do and wouldnt see why you would need more time there. Have a great trip!

Gladesville...
Level Contributor
184 posts
461 reviews
1,874 helpful votes
6. Re: Vin Pearl Land -is it worth the trip?

hey chunger

i thought the prices were expensive but if its not an issue u def should, its not as packed as u might think so lacks a bit of atmosphere but the rides, food, hotels & facilities are excellent. u wont find too many locals there however. like others have prev said there is a water park on the beach at Nha Trang which is heaps cheaper, i think getting out of the hustle of Nha Trang would be a great thing

san francisco
9 posts
7. Re: Vin Pearl Land -is it worth the trip?

Hi Byronbay1 can you tell me your daytrip how much it cost ? how long they allow you to stay in there and do they limited you only go to a certain place?

thank you

anhtuan

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
22 reviews
11 helpful votes
8. Re: Vin Pearl Land -is it worth the trip?

We spent most of a day there recently. While there we met a guy who was staying in the resort there. He couldn't stop raving about it. He said that the food was incuded in the price and that it was truely a five star resort. Personly, if I was going back to Nha Trang I would probably stay in town for most of the time, but I would spend at least one night at the resort ...just for fun and to spoil ourselves. You get access to more pool areas etc if you are a guest which would be nice. My husband and I were both commenting while we were there that if our kids were still teenagers and travelling with us, we know that it probably be there favorite place to go to.

Admittedly I am sure that it is not the worlds best theme park by any stretch, but it is exeptional value for money and a lot of fun because we didnt have to line up for anything. It seemed to have very few people there, so dont expect the usuall crazy theme park atmosphere (which is a good thing I think).

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
11 reviews
15 helpful votes
9. Re: Vin Pearl Land -is it worth the trip?

I agree with most things that have been said. However, you are going in July/August which could be busier than when most of the other contributors went. North Americans and Europeans (and the local Vietnamese) are on holidays then. It seems a long way to go for one day (although when I was there a lot of Vietnamese people came up to Nha Trang from HCMC, just for the weekend). Given all that, my 10 and 14 year olds, and the other 10,11, 12 and 14 year olds in our group had a fantastic day there. They basically stayed in the water park all day, with a short visit to the very good aquarium. Some went to the amusement park and enjoyed that too.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,581 posts
32 reviews
12 helpful votes
10. Re: Vin Pearl Land -is it worth the trip?

I never had a customer who thought it was not worth going to.

Owee

www.owee58.com

Get answers to your questions about Nha Trang
Recent Conversations