We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

English Books

GREAT VALLEY, NY USA
Level Contributor
39 posts
English Books

I have alot of beginner English books and primary English books left from my kids.

Does anyone know if the school in Cam Ranh or Nha Trang could use these books?

Thanks,

Kathy

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
44 reviews
1. Re: English Books

Kathy,

An interesting and appropriate question. I really don't know, but I don't see any reason why not. If there aren't too many and if weight is not a problem, I would take them and then ask around. One caution, be careful who you give them to so that they actually reach kids in need as a donationand are not sold to them. I'm a retired English teacher, so good for you!

Chuck

p.s. Nha Trang is lovely

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
6,931 posts
35 reviews
2. Re: English Books

Oh yes.They would be very happy to receive them.So would the hospital and orphanages.

May be better to give to Cam Ranh as that is the poorer area and dosen't get many donations,whereas Nha Trang does.

Let me know if you need any contact details.

GREAT VALLEY, NY USA
Level Contributor
39 posts
3. Re: English Books

Thanks Chuck for the advice.

Viet1 - I have been to the school in Cam Ranh before. Do they teach English? Any contacts in Cam Ranh would really help alot.

Thanks,

Kathy

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
6,931 posts
35 reviews
4. Re: English Books

Hi Kathy,

There are 3 schools in Cam Ranh that teach english.However they only teach them from the age of 10 upwards.In Nha Trang they teach them from the age of 5/6.There are lots of schools that teach english in Nha Trang.

May be better you choose the school when you get here.

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
6,931 posts
35 reviews
5. Re: English Books

Forgot to give you contact in Cam Ranh.

Mr Kiet office 058 3855901 or 058 3855669

Cell 0914118631

Mr Kiet is an english teacher in Cam Ranh and he will be able to tell you what they need or how best your books could be put to use.

GREAT VALLEY, NY USA
Level Contributor
39 posts
6. Re: English Books

Thanks for the contact and telephone #. I will call him when we get to Nha Trang.

Kathy

7. Re: English Books

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2010, 09:48
Get answers to your questions about Nha Trang