We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels Charging Extra During XMAS and New Years

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
172 posts
7 reviews
Hotels Charging Extra During XMAS and New Years

So I pre-booked all my hotels. I'm currently in Hue, and received a email from my Hotel in Nha Trang that in order for me to keep my hotel reservation I have to pay 30 US Dollars a Person for a Gala Dinner on the 24th. I'm traveling with my wife so thats $60 US Dollars for a Party that I do not wish to attend.

This is at the Asia Paradise Hotel in Nha Trang. They stated that all hotels in the Area are doing the same thing for the 24th and 31st. Just thought I would post this so people would be aware. I find this to be ridiculous.

Newport Beach
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
93 reviews
1. Re: Hotels Charging Extra During XMAS and New Years

I agreed with you Kprunella. I think once we booked the reservation and paid for the it..if price were increase they should honor the reservation when you book it. I mean what happen if the price decrease, do you think we get a refund for the difference?

I hate this practice in VN. For example, everything goes up during the holiday, it is a reverse effect here in the US. Everything goes on sales during the holiday, so that way people can go out and spend their $$$.

$ 60 extra is a lot of money...do you really want to attend this Gala Dinner? Cancel and take your wife somewhere else.

2. Re: Hotels Charging Extra During XMAS and New Years

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 03:46
Get answers to your questions about Nha Trang
Recent Conversations