We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Airport

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
183 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Airport

Hi,Shall be flying to Nha Trang next month and was wondering what the cost of a taxi to Asia Paradise should cost & do they have meters?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
155 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Airport

Hi Deb,

the reply I got to the same question was>

Bus> 50,000dong about $3 (drops you off at Tran Phu St)

Taxi > 160,000 >>200,000 dong or $10 > $12

Seattle,Washington...
Level Contributor
653 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Airport

It was always $12 before this last oil/gas increase! I could not get a taxi for less then %15 3 months ago. And we also went to the Asia Paradise Hotel. It is $ 3 for the van shuttle but if you have extra bags with you (like more then 1 per person) they charge another $3 per bag because you are taking up passenger seats. So when you add another 1 dallar at the bus terminal for a taxi to the Asia Paradise there may not be a whole lot of savings if there is 2 of you with 4 luggage bags.

Seattle,Washington...
Level Contributor
653 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Airport

OOPS...I hit the % and not the &

Seattle,Washington...
Level Contributor
653 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Airport

And now blew it again. Sorry...This is the one>>>> $$$$$$$$"s Just goes to show that proof reading is best before pushing that send button :)

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
155 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Airport

I am in Nha trang,

Taxi's from the air port wil all try to rip you off!!

Inside to book a taxi cost $19 US I was told it was cheaper to take a metered taxi outside !!

YEAH WRONG!!On arrival at the hotel the driver said 400,000 dong, after a very heated argument regarding the cost I managed to get rid of him for 300,000 dong even that was too much.

Far safer to use The hotel for transport to & from the airport!! which I will use on my departure for 250,000dong As no matter how hard you try they will always rip you off!!

Pattaya
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Airport

At the airport you can purchase a taxi ticket for 280,000 dong. Bus ticket was 40,000 but as it was my first time in Nha Trang and had no idea where the bus stopped I had to take the taxi. Indeed it is a huge rip off, but if you pay the meter at 12,000 dong/km the final amount will be even worse (inside my taxi the meter showed 380,000)

Pattaya
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from Airport

For the return trip I booked a taxi through my hotel and payed 210,000 dong. Was unable to locate the bus service as travel agencies and hotel desks state it does not exist !

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,709 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from Airport

Get the Asia Paradise to organise a pick up for you before you arrive. The taxi drivers will hassle you once you leave the airport door and they will try and rip you off. Much cheaper and less of a hassle. If you do get a cab it should be around 180,000 - we caught one from the airport and he tried to charge us 400,000 so when we got to the hotel I just refused to pay him and went in and checked with the desk and they came out and sorted it for us. Recommend booking before you arrive

9. Re: Taxi from Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 15:53