We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vin Pearl Part 2

South Australia
Level Contributor
749 posts
16 reviews
Vin Pearl Part 2

Ok, a bit more time now.

As I mentioned earlier, we didnt go to the beach at Nha Trang, but others who said said it was rather nasty, and while a party time was to be had the beach became littered with the detritus - used needles, condoms and the like. So I would think rubber soled sandals would be a good thing to wear on the beach. The beach at Vin Pearl had no such problems. The pool was amazing, huge, warm and inviting. Just lovely.

We did prefer Hoi An beach (the 'private one' in front of Victoria resort) but there was a public one close by, and it seemed very busy, so maybe that was dirty too - we didnt see it.

Would I go to Vin Pearl for the day? Maybe, but remember you have to pay for the launch etc, but the cable car was quite good. The water park was OK but hardly anyone was riding the rides, and that is always fun to watch others crunching themselves. I wasnt all that well on that day, so maybe I shouldnt be judging too harsh, but it really needed more shade and trees etc. The lazy river ride was very slow, had no shade. There was this 'horror cave' which just wasnt scary at all, and as we went thru we could see some tourists peeking in to see if it was scary. So we had some fun and started screaming and yelling "no" "stop it" "help...." you get the drift, so the ones peeking in started screaming - and wouldnt come in! It got rather crowded at the entrance to the scary cave as everyone was scared! Adventure Park - way too hot for us to even bother.

We went to the mud baths on the wedding anniversary. Picture steaming hot weather, steaming hot mud, steaming hot spray way and steaming hot swimming pool. As we walked through, the other Australian tourists were telling us not to spend too long in the pool coz it was sooo hot. And they were right. It was fun to do it though.

I didnt like Dan Market - very dark, closed in and we were followed by several groups of men. Got out very quickly. Guess we must look like targets!

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
65 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Vin Pearl Part 2

Pushka

Thanks for your report,

I and my family are looking for a week on the beach late August. (two boys 13 and 15)

One of the possibilites is nha Trang, and Vinepearl i think is the best place to spend most of days on the beach.

Is the water clear? good enough for snorkeling?

The water park is far from the hotel? What about noise from the park?

Thanks

Nuno

Seattle,Washington...
Level Contributor
653 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Vin Pearl Part 2

The water is clear enough with flat easy safe swimming. Not any fish to see,though. The park is far enough away that there is no noise pollution at the resort. Biggest best swimming pool in Asia!

South Australia
Level Contributor
749 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: Vin Pearl Part 2

Yes, as Goldpond said the water was very clear when we were there, only problem was there were no fish to see. Also, there is no noise at all from any of the parks, only from the residents, which during school holidays gets very noisy.

I will put some pictures up on ny photo list. The pool is really lovely! As is the beach!

4. Re: Vin Pearl Part 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 11:50
Get answers to your questions about Nha Trang