We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this hotel girl friendly and close to nightlife/women?

Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
119 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Is this hotel girl friendly and close to nightlife/women?

I hope this doesn't sound too crude, but is this hotel girl friendly and also close to nightlife where I m ight meet local women who are "friendly?"...

Thanks..

A more economic choice is in an adjoining street -< www.IndochineHotel.com > at 42 Hai Ba Trung Street, quieter too, as it's not on the Dong Khoi Strip. Pricing is USD25 / night / w-breakfast.

BMT, Central...
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this hotel girl friendly and close to nightlife/women?

Most hotels everywhere in VietNam discourage foreign males from bringing Vietnamese females into their hotel rooms - especially those who appear to be hookers.

My wife is Vietnamese and we still have to produce a marriage certificate in order to obtain a room for both of us.

Another point to be aware of is the prevalence of HIV / AIDS in VietNam, Cambodia and Thailand. You don't want to get a memento that will last your lifetime.

You will also meet the motorcycle riding tran-sexuals who chase the male Foreigner - and are hard to tell apart from females until it is too late.

Remember, if you can get a girl to take you to a hotel without registration, your safety is compromised and many males have been robbed down to their underpants after being drugged and / or robbed at knife point.

And who will you complain to? You have no come back. Undoubtedly you would not want to become another Gary Glad, who is serving 3 years.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this hotel girl friendly and close to nightlife/women?

Go back to her place :-P

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
302 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this hotel girl friendly and close to nightlife/women?

Take S-N advice,

Bringing a "girl friend" to your room requires guest registry... Most legitimate hotel owners don't want to get into trouble with "illegitimate guest" which cause them to lose their license to operate if caught by Public Security aka Công An...

They already "paid off" enough to these Public Security to have their business going... I know since one my friend operates one the hotels in Saigon.

--DanQue

CT
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Is this hotel girl friendly and close to nightlife/women?

I don't know about the hotel you mention but you can stay at either Twin Tiger Hotel or the Au Lac Hotel. The Au Lac is a little nicer, IMO, than the Tiger. Twin Tiger's telephone number is (84.8) 8247.905 but I don't have the contact info for Au Lac but you can find them by doing an internet search. Both are in District 1 and pretty close to everything. Just be respectful and discrete when you sign in your "guest".

I would personally avoid anywhere your date recommends for the reasons others list - just not a comfortable situation to be in. Check out Virtual Tourist website for contact info on Au Lac as that's where I found it. It was a pretty nice place about a 2 - 3 star. I booked their nicest room, a suite, for about $50 a night. I would recommend them over the Tiger but either are safe, comfortable and friendly.

pgh, pa
Destination Expert
for Da Nang
Level Contributor
2,671 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is this hotel girl friendly and close to nightlife/women?

Burk,

send me a email at "drifter1dc yahoo" and I'll fill you in on what I know.

Drifter

6. Re: Is this hotel girl friendly and close to nightlife/women?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 05:49