We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HCMC airport arrival a pleasant suprise

Australia
Level Contributor
241 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
HCMC airport arrival a pleasant suprise

After reading horror stories about getting taxis at HCMC airport on this and other forums I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived on Friday 13th March 2009.

Just past the customs check are about 4 or 5 money changes, all offering the same rate and all selling taxi to downtown for US$8. The company was SGA, the cars were large and quite new and you are walked to your car by a charming young lady.

The trip to District 1 took about 30 minutes at about 6 pm. No requests for extra fees or payments. An excellent service.

Even the money changes at the airport were a pleasant surprise. I got 10,741 VND for my A$. The following morning around District 1 the rate ranged from 10,400 to 10,900 VND. They also sell MobiFhone sim cards.

Nothing but positive comments from this (my second) arrival through HCMC airport.

Helensvale...
Level Contributor
335 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HCMC airport arrival a pleasant suprise

Great to read some good news at airport. We will take your advise and do the same next month. Thanks Stekmer.

Greece
Level Contributor
243 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: HCMC airport arrival a pleasant suprise

I too had that option last January but decided to take Maih Linh Taxi and paid 85,000vnd (US5.00) to District 1.

I guess paying US8.00 is not so bad as ot caps the price so you do not worry that you might be victimized.

3. Re: HCMC airport arrival a pleasant suprise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 17:08