We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ho Chi Min

Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Ho Chi Min

We are planning a trip to Vietnam in around 3 weeks. I’m undecided wether to stay in HCM or go nort to Hanoi. We are thinking about staying at Mui ne for the second week, to relax on the beach. It would be great if anyone has some experiences of these destinations for some feedback.

Thanks

Mark

7 replies to this topic
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,470 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Ho Chi Min

I would prefer Hanoi over HCMC, but with 3 weeks you could spend some time in each city. I dont mind HCMC at night but day time is noisy and the traffic is heavy. 2 nights is enough for me.

Edited: 23 September 2018, 04:53
Canberra
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
1 review
2. Re: Ho Chi Min

I do not like HCMC as well.

Ben Tre, Vietnam
Level Contributor
2,709 posts
1 review
3. Re: Ho Chi Min

If you are interested in Cu Chi tunnels and Mekong Delta, HCMC is the base for those.

Ho Chi Minh City...
9 posts
4. Re: Ho Chi Min

You can book a city tour in HCM for 1 day.

Or Book a Mekong Delta Tour too many options for you.

Ask the receptionist and take a map with full detail.

District 1 is a city center and easy to find a restaurant,hotel,v.v...Please deal that you have a best prices.

And Nightlife you can Go to Forgeiner Town in District 1.

Thats enough for you discover about HCM.

No need to stay longtimes in HCM.

In the Middle of Vietnam are ( Da Nang- Hue- Hoi An)

Best beach Place and Old Town and you have more knowledge about history in Vietnam.

In the North of Vietnam is Hanoi

You can enjoy many food in there(Bun cha Hanoi,Bun Dau nam tom and Noodle( Phở)),

That a special taste.

If any question about HCM more,please send email to me : duycuong_p@hotmail.com

I will help you anytime.

FYI.Great day to you.

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
367 posts
239 reviews
5. Re: Ho Chi Min

HCMC is great base for Mekong Delta, CuChi Tunnels, Markets and the War Remnants, all worth visiting.

Hanoi is a beautiful town with so much to see and experience. Halong Bay I believe is a must also.

Mui Ne is amazing, and we loved our time there. Swimming, watching the Kite Surfers, and mostly relaxing.

All good choices if you can fit them in.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
56 posts
6. Re: Ho Chi Min

For your 3 week trip, you can visit other places apart from the destinations you mentioned. From Ho Chi Minh City, you should take a tour to Mekong Delta

You then fly to Hanoi and Halong Bay is a must-see place (2D/1N cruise). If you have more time, you can consider Sapa, Ninh Binh or Mai Chau.

However, the itinerary also depends on when you visit Vietnam because the weather is different among places. Check out the weather before your trip.

Southern...
Level Contributor
6,586 posts
68 reviews
7. Re: Ho Chi Min

HCNC is definitely worth a visit. Some excellent things to see and do.

Reply to: Ho Chi Min
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted