We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vietnam good for parties ?

4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Vietnam good for parties ?

Me and a group of friends are planning to visit Vietnam in Sept for a friends bachelors. Wanted suggestion of which places can we visit of we are planning a 7 day travel and also which parties would yoi reccomend we should not miss

11 replies to this topic
Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
10,864 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vietnam good for parties ?

You are heading to the wrong country for what you're looking for.

Try Phuket or Pattaya in Thailand as they cater for your type of holiday.

Canberra
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Vietnam good for parties ?

I agree with DP.

Vietnam is not a place for parties.

3. Re: Vietnam good for parties ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 June 2018, 05:05

puerto princesa
Level Contributor
6,706 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vietnam good for parties ?

Head for Thailand instead

Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vietnam good for parties ?

As DP said, Thailand probably more suitable to a Bachelor party.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
2,916 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vietnam good for parties ?

The Vietnamese surely know how to party. But their version is more like having lots of side dishes and a case of beer for each after which they all drive home. They've long since figured out that a two wheeled vehicle will stay upright if in fast enough motion.

California
Level Contributor
943 posts
355 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vietnam good for parties ?

Vietnam is not a party destination. I had trouble finding anything stronger than beer sometimes, including in some big cities.

Everyone drinks beer, but I did not see anyone rowdy in three weeks here. It struck me as a disciplined kind of a place.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
2,916 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vietnam good for parties ?

Asians tend to drink hard liquor with their food if at all.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
311 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vietnam good for parties ?

You are asking a bunch of 50-60+ somethings on here for party ideas, so their responses are not surprising but don't reflect the actual situation. Certainly Thailand is more famous and probably more options for a Bachelor party (strippers and such), but if you are looking for an alternative away from the hordes and awful ping-pong shows, then Vietnam is not a bad choice with plenty of options - if you are prepared to give up the strippers - (although that too can be had just need to know where to look).

Level Contributor
511 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vietnam good for parties ?

Lol@Rico L

Who knows the original poster could be a 70+😎

Reply to: Vietnam good for parties ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted