We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa question - confused

West Midlands
Level Contributor
465 posts
89 reviews
Visa question - confused

Hi there

So sorry to ask a visa question but i am so confused. We are visiting HCMC for 3 nights on 9th July. Firstly do we need a Visa and if so is it best to get the visa from UK before we fly or when we arrive in HCMC. Sorry again if asked lots - I am travelling with husband and daughter and would hate to get to HCMC and not be allowed in because we didn't get a visa before we travelled

Many thanks in advance for any help

4 replies to this topic
3 posts
1. Re: Visa question - confused

I believe you will need a Visa. Vietnam has a new e-visa program whereby you can obtain your visa online prior to arrival. There are various companies that provide this service and there is an official e-visa website from the Vietnamese government.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,990 posts
46 reviews
2. Re: Visa question - confused

Ignore #1

If you are on a UK passport you qualify for the visa exemption, valid for 15 days. You just turn up and present your passport, on arrival, for it to be rubber stamped by immigration. UK site https:/…entry-requirements

Edited: 10 June 2018, 19:28
Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
241 reviews
3. Re: Visa question - confused

But you will need paper proof that you will be leaving Vietnam within the 15 days visa exemption period.

West Midlands
Level Contributor
465 posts
89 reviews
4. Re: Visa question - confused

Thank you all. Yes all 3 of us have a UK passport and we have flights to Bangkok after the 3 days. So I wont get Visa and just have passport stamped when we arrive. Thank you all again x

Reply to: Visa question - confused
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted