We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mekong Delta 2D1N hotel vs homestay

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
282 posts
71 reviews
Mekong Delta 2D1N hotel vs homestay

I am in a dilemma to choose between a hotel or pay a bit more for homestay. What is the difference between both and what are the things I can do?

Hotel - restaurant and cafe in Can Tho, free & easy

Homestay - chat with the home owner?

Why is a homestay more expensive when there seems to be nothing much to do?

Ben Tre, Vietnam
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
1 review
1. Re: Mekong Delta 2D1N hotel vs homestay

Probably, homestay includes cooking class, dinner and breakfast.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
282 posts
71 reviews
2. Re: Mekong Delta 2D1N hotel vs homestay

Thanks, the only difference is the cooking class and meals? I am not interested in cooking, so staying in Can Tho town will be better for me?

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
531 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: Mekong Delta 2D1N hotel vs homestay

The difference is being located in a more rural setting, small village vs. a city. Are you interested in Can Tho, or the Mekong Delta?

The prices are about competition. Plenty of hotels in Can Tho without a lot to differentiate them leads to lower prices. Homestays are fewer and offer a more unique experience, leading to higher prices.

Ben Tre, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
51 reviews
4. Re: Mekong Delta 2D1N hotel vs homestay

Home stay option often includes more activities such as touring, cooking class, interacting with locals while the hotel only offer accommodation and breakfast. Homes stay accommodation is quite basic, many of them don't have air conditioning and private bathroom but it is worth to try for experiencing local culture.

Cheers,

Nhung from Mango Cruises

Royston, United...
Level Contributor
206 posts
55 reviews
5. Re: Mekong Delta 2D1N hotel vs homestay

I just done a two night package but stayed in West hotel can tho, we preferred a hotel as were quite tired from the long drive and wanted time to ourselves, we also had dinner with locals in Mekong etc so felt we had already done this part

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
253 posts
113 reviews
6. Re: Mekong Delta 2D1N hotel vs homestay

How about staying 2 nights (3 days) in the boat? Is it too much?

7. Re: Mekong Delta 2D1N hotel vs homestay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2018, 11:48