We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

red dragon via dragon pearl............

england
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
5 reviews
red dragon via dragon pearl............

hi guys

i have been offered what i think is a decent price for both these boats to do the 2d/1n tour to Bai Tu Long Bay

this is what i have been sent ....

At this time, there are not many boat/cruise run to Bai Tu Long bay. I'm glad to recommend you Indochina Junk, which focused on developing small luxury boats to bring guests to the remote areas in the Bai Tu Long bay and all staff trained for good service.

Now I would like to give you 2 options:

- One is Red Dragon, 5 deluxe cabins and designed to resonate with superior class and grandeur. Rate should be US$175/person.

- Another option is Dragon Pearl, a youngest sister of Red Dragon with 11 deluxe cabins. Rate is US$115/person.

this is being offered by a company called indochinavoyages.com

my hotel is hanoi have offered me the red dragon criuse for $205pp,

dont know which one to choose now, dragon pearl does seem cheaper and the only difference seems to be bigger boat, more people

can anyone help me please

Italy
Level Contributor
39,684 posts
235 reviews
1. Re: red dragon via dragon pearl............

We were on the Dragon's Pearl and loved it but that is a low rate for the Dragon's pearl so get more info on the company that's offering it so low as you might find yourself on another boat.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
363 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: red dragon via dragon pearl............

We just did the 3day/2night Dragons Pearl for $244.00 per person. I feel that this was avery reasonable price and I would recommend the 2 nights in order to have the cave dinner which was a highlight of the voyage!

Adelaide
Level Contributor
4,621 posts
203 reviews
3. Re: red dragon via dragon pearl............

Both boats are owned by Indochina Junk, one of the better operators in the Halong Bay area. The agent you mentioned, Indochina Voyages, is also very reputable and highly recommended on these forums. They will not sell you a ticket on either of these boats then actually book you on a third, lesser quality, junk.

We also did Dragon Pearl and loved it.

Hanoi
Level Contributor
734 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: red dragon via dragon pearl............

both of them are in the same company, but with the budget of Red dragon I recommend you Bhaya cruise(4* cruise) is much better and the rate are equal. Any way, you should book directly with cruise you choose.

Ben Tre, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
51 reviews
5. Re: red dragon via dragon pearl............

Indochina Voyages is a good and licenced travel company so they are trustworthy to book with.

Cheers,

Nhung

6. Re: red dragon via dragon pearl............

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 07:46