We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to buy Halong Bay cruise tickets

Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How to buy Halong Bay cruise tickets

Well sounds like a stupid question, but I wonder what is the best way to get the cruise tickets? I have asked a hotel in Hanoi and she quoted an inflated price (I guess). If I purchase via agoda, the price is cheaper but how should then I arrange the cruise to pick me up from the hotel?

By the way, what is the average price of 2D1N tour on an average boat in Halong Bay?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to buy Halong Bay cruise tickets

I've said it 100 times, book direct with the operator whose boat you want to go on. Never, EVER book a tour or excursion through a hotel in Vietnam - you will pay more and the hotel will book with whoever gives them the most commission.

Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: How to buy Halong Bay cruise tickets

Thanks Timmy, which boat would you recommend for about USD100 per pax?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to buy Halong Bay cruise tickets

Well, I always recommend Bhaya Cruises as they are the most reliable and the quality is really good. Not sure if they fit your budget but worth spending a bit extra for quality.

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,895 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to buy Halong Bay cruise tickets

"Never, EVER book a tour or excursion through a hotel in Vietnam - you will pay more and the hotel will book with whoever gives them the most commission."

Bit of a sweeping statement. It might be true of some hotels in Hanoi but many, including all the ones I know, offer a wide selection (up to 12 cruise companies, ranging from budget to luxury) and will also book cruises not in that selection. The rate is the same as that charged by the cruise companies.

PHHoo, by all means book with Agoda if the price is significantly cheaper, but remember that Agoda adds taxes to the published rate. It might also pay to email the cruise companies themselves so that you can compare the various rates.

Hanoi
Level Contributor
734 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to buy Halong Bay cruise tickets

you could book through online with the cruise by sending mail, contacting by phone or go to the office. if you book through agoda you have to ask the receptionist at hotel you stay to call to the office and tell them the address or call by your self. about 120$/pax with 3 star cruise 2D1N.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How to buy Halong Bay cruise tickets

Hi PHHoo, You can book via agent travel with the same rate at Agoda. (You remember add taxes and services when you book via Agoda).

Halong 2 days 1night with US$100/pax, you can chose Aclass Cruise, Bai Tu Long Junk or Bai Tho junk.,ect...

Cheers,

london
Level Contributor
421 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to buy Halong Bay cruise tickets

If you go on to T/A hotels, Ruby Elegance, then onto their website, then tours you will see the prices they charge for booking the tours. I spent ages checking various ways of booking a cruise and came to the conclusion that it was the same price booking through our hotel, and saved me having to worry about whether I was booking with a reputable company.

Agoda always add tax on at the end, and other websites often quote a price for the cruise and then you have to pay extra to get to Halong Bay.

We also booked Water Puppet Theatre tickets through the hotel, and again it was the same price, so no -not all hotels are out to con you.

8. Re: How to buy Halong Bay cruise tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 July 2012, 15:35
9. Re: How to buy Halong Bay cruise tickets

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 July 2012, 10:35
10. Re: How to buy Halong Bay cruise tickets

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2012, 20:47