We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Nice Experience with APT Travel in Hanoi

Madison, Wisconsin
5 posts
A Nice Experience with APT Travel in Hanoi

We had been looking for a honeymoon package to Vietnam in January 2012, with an average budget.

Our initial plan was to look for a honeymoon trip that comprises visiting romantic locations and historical places. After searching several midrange travel agencies in Hanoi, we decided to book the Hanoi-Hue-Ba Na Hills-Hanoi trip through the APT Travel in Hanoi.

The first day we arrived in Hue. After checking into the hotel and opening the door, we felt really surprised with a trail of fresh rose petals to the bed--something not written in the itinerary of the trip. The next day we visited Hue Imperial Citadel, Minh Mang and Khai Dinh palaces. In the evening, we went boating in Huong (Perfume) river. Everything went very smoothly, and the tour guide is very friendly.

The third day we visited Ba Na Hills. BaNa Hills are fabulous this time of the year, with permanent fog and cool weather. Riding cable car to the Ba Na resort is also fun. We spent one night in Morin Hotel in the Ba Na Hills and returned to Hanoi. In summary, we had an unforgettable honeymoon trip in Vietnam with APT Travel in Hanoi.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,981 posts
46 reviews
1. Re: A Nice Experience with APT Travel in Hanoi

Interesting you mention going IN the Huong (Perfume) river. Are they offering submarine trips now? Rather you than me. Seems a long way to go for just a few nights.

Madison, Wisconsin
5 posts
2. Re: A Nice Experience with APT Travel in Hanoi

Thanks for catching that typo! It should be "on" instead. Too bad, I cannot fix that now.

Edited: 18 May 2012, 12:03
Melbourne
Level Contributor
178 posts
130 reviews
3. Re: A Nice Experience with APT Travel in Hanoi

I think we knew what you meant!! Glad you enjoyed your trip.

Madison, Wisconsin
5 posts
4. Re: A Nice Experience with APT Travel in Hanoi

Thanks riverMelbourne! There are many interesting things from our trip to write, but I just gave a summary.

Edited: 20 May 2012, 01:51
Level Contributor
5 posts
46 reviews
5. Re: A Nice Experience with APT Travel in Hanoi

Is APT Travel - Asia Pacific Travel Co. ? Have been dealing with SinhCafe - Asia Pacific Travel to plan our trip and would like to know if they are reliable. Thanks.

Madison, Wisconsin
5 posts
6. Re: A Nice Experience with APT Travel in Hanoi

No, APT Travel in Hanoi is different. It is easy to get

confused, though. I also had another great trip to SaPa, north of Vietnam, last year through APT Travel. You shoud also be aware that there are many fake SinhCafe in Hanoi now, as mentioned by other people here www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa… Good lucks with booking and have great trip to Vietnam!

Level Contributor
5 posts
46 reviews
7. Re: A Nice Experience with APT Travel in Hanoi

Thanks a lot for the response. Found another post that used the agency I am currently talking to and they did not have a problem so I will probably go thru with it. Thanks.

London, United...
1 post
8. Re: A Nice Experience with APT Travel in Hanoi

Do not book through APT Travel in Hanoi. I booked a 3 day/2 night Ha Long Bay tour through them and although the bay was exquisite, APT was terrible. We were picked up an hour late, the bus to the bay got a flat tire during a forced stop to buy overpriced merchandise. They had no spare, so they had to call for another, so we wasted an additional hour. The boat and service on the boat were fine, but the guide was horrible. He basically did nothing and notified us of nothing. He would not respond to questions (his English was fine), he would just walk away and make a cell phone call and never respond. On the last day, a typhoon was coming in the following day and therefore tourists were not coming to the bay that day, so instead of our boat ride back to Ha Long City and an AC bus to Hanoi, we took four separate buses and a ferryboat. The weather was great; they only did not want to send an empty bus to pick us up. Each transfer was coordinated poorly and we were left to stand in roads or bus stations, while the guide left us with no explanation. At no point was a refund, a bottle or water, or a simple apology offered.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,684 posts
235 reviews
9. Re: A Nice Experience with APT Travel in Hanoi

pblance, don't book through Sinhcafe the original Sinh cafe had to change it's name because of all the fakes with the same name sometimes 3 or 4 in the same street the origanal are now called Sinh Tourist and are very reliable:

www.thesinhtourist.vn

Hanoi
Level Contributor
734 posts
6 reviews
10. Re: A Nice Experience with APT Travel in Hanoi

As I know about this travel is it' suitable for travellers with average budget so many people choose it and service seems tobe good. Sorry to hear your bad experience John d, I think the worst thing in your trip is storm that brings out the problem in your trip but it's not fair if they didn't refund you some money.