We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halong Bay Vega cruise

hong kong
Level Contributor
265 posts
28 reviews
Halong Bay Vega cruise

Has anyone taken this cruise? quoted a pretty decent price but want to make sure at least it's clean and without rats and roaches. if anyone has ever had experience with this particular cruise, please write comments.

calgary
4 posts
1. Re: Halong Bay Vega cruise

I also want to join this cruise in june,if you have some information about it,plesae share with me .Thank you !

hong kong
Level Contributor
265 posts
28 reviews
2. Re: Halong Bay Vega cruise

I just came back from a 2 days vega cruise for halong bay. food and service was basically ok. the deluxe room looks good but there were a few small roaches in the room. heard there were more in the superior rooms. if you are those who don't mind a few insects, this is a good tour at a very reasonable price. but if you are like me who is freaked out about roaches, you might need to spend more for the more luxurious tours (200-300% higher in price but i don't know if the more expensive ones are better on the insect situation...)

England
1 post
3. Re: Halong Bay Vega cruise

Dont whatever you do use this tour company!

My boyfriend and i did the 3day 2night halong bay tour that cost $106 per person due to it being recommended in the lonely planet as a reputable tour company and that we would be on a 13 person max tour.

its started off just as planned our tour guide was fantastic and a credit to the company however....

the junk boat was infested with roaches (not just the little ones!)

luckily our tour guide strongly advised to take ANYTHING of value along on our 3hour trek as our bags had been riffled through by the boat staff upon our return.

the 3* hotel on cat ba island was certainly not upto even 2* standard

When we originally booked the tour we wanted to stay on cat ba island for 2 more night and then proceed with the 3rd day of our tour after our extended stay on cat ba, this was all fine at the time as they where getting more money from us. however they "forgot to mention" that we would not be doing the 3rd day of the tour that we booked and payed for due to us staying on the island longer.

so on our 3rd day we dont get picked up at the specified time and 1hour later someone arrives to collect us we are packed onto a bus and then shipped onto a halong party cruser with 50 others (who we found out payed 26 dollars for their tour) straight back to halong city dock, with not a hint of our payed for 3rd day.

we then wait 2 hours at the docks for our bus to lunch and then back to hanoi. There where to many people for the buses resulting in people having to stand or sit in the isles.

ok so we finally got back to hanoi (HAPPY!!!)

deciding to go back to vega to find out what happened, we where told to come back in the evening to speek to a manager

...the manager was not arround to meet us as promised so we had to deal with Viet, who told us that he couldnt do anything about it after 20 -30 mins of telling us the same thing over and over that is was because we booked more nights that they didnt provide us with our last day of tour even though we had payed for it. He then laughed said here is my managers number and that vega travel is now closed for 4 days, stood up and said ive had enough and i dont care as people will still come to vega.

We just hope that for those willing to pay a little extra for a reputable company are smart enough to research and adhear to the warnings about Vega travel we really dont want you to be scamed out of your money when you could pay $40 and get exactally the same as what vega offer for a great deal more.

4. Re: Halong Bay Vega cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2010, 13:53