We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Typhoon Mangkhut - safe to travel to Hanoi

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
134 posts
5 reviews
Typhoon Mangkhut - safe to travel to Hanoi

I've been keeping track of Typhoon Mangkut as I'm looking to go there this Friday Sept 21. It looks like it's projected to miss Hanoi. I'm not sure how, if it does, affect the weather for surrounding areas.

Can anybody in Hanoi comment as to the conditions? Is it very windy and stormy or has there been warnings about possible storm/flooding conditions?

4 replies to this topic
NEWTOWNARDS, N...
Level Contributor
766 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Typhoon Mangkhut - safe to travel to Hanoi

A good friend of mine is there at the minute and he tells me they are expecting quite a bit of rain but over and above that it doesn't seem too bad and going by the photos he posted of him and his girlfriend enjoying a few drinks outside in the Old Quarter it doesn't look like too much of a chore to be honest!!

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
117 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Typhoon Mangkhut - safe to travel to Hanoi

We had some rain over night and the temperatures have dropped a wee bit but all normal apart from that. I don't expect much more to happen.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
134 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Typhoon Mangkhut - safe to travel to Hanoi

Thank you all for your replies!

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: Typhoon Mangkhut - safe to travel to Hanoi

Hi, we in North Vietnam right now and haven't experienced any strong winds (in Hanoi, SaPa or Halong) these days.

Reply to: Typhoon Mangkhut - safe to travel to Hanoi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted