We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on my itenary, NinhBinh & HaLong Bay

Penang, Pulau...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Advice on my itenary, NinhBinh & HaLong Bay

Dear All,

I;m solo traveler, you welcome to text me, if you can join-in as well.

I;m having 5D4N at Hanoi. arrive 27-Aug

Monday Morning; Arrive airport @10am.. Directly go to NinhBinh for hotel check-in. (how long to reach NinBinh?)

Monday Afternoon-Evening; Water caves in Trang An. (pls advice, Do this package offer certain time limit?)

Monday night: Hotel at NinhBinh. (please advice, Do they offer Direct shuttle bus to HaLong Bay? & the pick-up point that near to my hotel)

I didn’t book any hotel at NinhBinh yet.(please suggest some budget & convenient)

If I stay at Tom Coc jetty, do you think is fine to get shuttle to HLB?

Tuesday Morning: Travel to HaLongBay.

Tuesday Afternon: 2D1N HaLong Bay cruise.

Please advice, does the schedule sound reasonable?

5 replies to this topic
puerto princesa
Level Contributor
7,551 posts
447 reviews
1. Re: Advice on my itenary, NinhBinh & HaLong Bay

From Tam Coc i would be surprised that there is any direct transport to Halong Bay.

Ben Tre, Vietnam
Level Contributor
2,455 posts
1 review
2. Re: Advice on my itenary, NinhBinh & HaLong Bay

Private transfer to Halong Bay!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
270 reviews
3. Re: Advice on my itenary, NinhBinh & HaLong Bay

Hanoi - Ninh Binh - if by private transfer from memory aprox 1.5 to 2hrs. We used Tommyservice Ninh Binh. $70 pickup from airport, drop off hotel in Tam Coc

Trang An offer 3 different cruises. We did the long 3hr one...not sure of the duration of the 2 shorter cruises. But you would also need transport from hotel to Trang An. However with only 1 afternoon to explore Tam Coc area I would do the shorter and easy to walk to (if you stay in Tam Coc) Tam Coc cruise. Mua Cave & Bich Dong are also must visits. You could ride a bicycle to each or a motorbike or hire a motorbike and rider to take you for afternoon.

We stayed at Tam Coc Family Hotel which we loved. 2 min walk from Tam Coc boat pier. extremely friendly owners & they will rent out bicycles, motorbikes or even take you themselves on back of motorbike

For transfer Tam Coc or Ninh Binh to Halong Bay you would want to book a private transfer. TommyService could do it I think for similar price to Hanoi airport-Tam Coc transfer & they will pick up from hotel

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
809 posts
134 reviews
4. Re: Advice on my itenary, NinhBinh & HaLong Bay

Hi - not sure of the Ninh Binh to Halong Bay, but this company does a bus Cat Ba to Ninh Binh - so you could contact them see if they do a return or can help?

goodmorningcatba.com/bus-cat-ba-to-ninh-binh/

Murrells Inlet...
Level Contributor
227 posts
20 reviews
5. Re: Advice on my itenary, NinhBinh & HaLong Bay

We re going in March and are using a Tommy Services. He is pick8ngnus up from Haling Bay - private transfer is $85 for a 4 seater car. We are spending 3 nights and doing 2 days on scooter tour with him. Then they return to Hanoi we are doing private car for $60 and it takes 1 1/2 to 2 hours, we had considered the train back to Hanoi but it was going to cost us $34;for 2 of us. So we decided for a bit more to do the private car.

Reply to: Advice on my itenary, NinhBinh & HaLong Bay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hanoi