We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A week in Vietnam - itinerary help

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
A week in Vietnam - itinerary help

Hello,

We will be in Vietnam for a week and while I know this may be rushed I’m trying to get your opinion on the following itinerary. We would love to squeeze in Halong bay but given the rainy season understand that we may have to be flexible just not quite sure how to do that.

8/19 - arrive in Hanoi 6pm

8/20 - explore Hanoi

8/21 - explore hanoi

8/22 - check out very early (only hotel in hanoi booked at this time) bus to Halong City, do a cruise, stay overnight

8/23 - bus back to Hanoi, catch flight to Hoi An

8/24 - Explore Hoi An

8/25 - Explore Hoi An

8/26 - fly out

Thanks in advance look forward to hearing your expert opinions!

14 replies to this topic
Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
42 reviews
1. Re: A week in Vietnam - itinerary help

Are you flying home from Hoi An or Hanoi? Your post isn't clear.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: A week in Vietnam - itinerary help

Flying to Malaysia from Hoi An.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
42 reviews
3. Re: A week in Vietnam - itinerary help

It would be possible to do all that in a week, but if you're unsure about an overnight trip to Ha Long, I'd suggest skipping it and enjoy more time in Hanoi and Hoi An.

4. Re: A week in Vietnam - itinerary help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2018, 19:53

5. Re: A week in Vietnam - itinerary help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2018, 19:53

Hanoi, Vietnam
1 post
6. Re: A week in Vietnam - itinerary help

Very nice to known you, I hope your itinerary will be success. I work in the store at Ho Guom lake's area, and i talk with many foreigner, i saw if you want explore Ha Noi, you need talk and talk, experience more and more, the people in HaNoi like gossip together, and then they're share many information very exciting. Your itinerary is long time, good luck

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
42 reviews
7. Re: A week in Vietnam - itinerary help

Hi Gemma

There have been some posts removed by TA admin.

If you have any specific questions, you can send me a private message. Will be happy to help if possible.

Level Contributor
247 posts
330 reviews
8. Re: A week in Vietnam - itinerary help

Looks good.

For "8/23 - bus back to Hanoi, catch flight to Hoi An", you could look at flying to DaNang (airport closest to Hoi An) from Hai Phong. The latter is closer to Halong City, than Hanoi.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
15,243 posts
74 reviews
9. Re: A week in Vietnam - itinerary help

I agree with GD365, 2 stops for 1 week would be more enjoyable.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
10. Re: A week in Vietnam - itinerary help

Thanks for the airport information ptrav4. I was wondering flying to Da Nang is better than taking train?

Reply to: A week in Vietnam - itinerary help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted