We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Massage in Hanoi

malaysia
Level Contributor
6 posts
201 reviews
Massage in Hanoi

Anyone know of any decent massage available in Hanoi? good recommendations for clean, nice massages. It will be good if anyone can let me know the addresses and price range. Tanks

Sault Ste. Marie...
Level Contributor
53 posts
94 reviews
1. Re: Massage in Hanoi

I had a great massage my last day in Hanoi (really helped me sleep on the plane home). The place was very clean and quiet and that's all they did. Many places also do things like hair cutting, nails etc. It was $3 US for upper body including head. I can't remember the name of the place but it is easy to find on the south side of Hang Bo (aka Bat Dan) just west of Hang Can. There are 2 ATMs on the same side of the street and the massage place has quite a large sign outside. It is downstairs

Palm Cove, Australia
Level Contributor
632 posts
2. Re: Massage in Hanoi

We never had relaxing type massages. If you want Vietnamese massage around $10 for one hour. Weren’t many days we missed having one (loved them !!!! ) I found relaxing some people might not.

Lots of spa centres advertised, of course you looking from $20 to $50 an hour at a spa. (Still cheap) There is a good beauty and massage place called QT close to the lake $20 for relaxing massage. . Noticed a lot of expats here.

Book suggested this place to me for fascial, clean, well trained and professional staff will have to tell her to try having a manicure (includes hand and arm massage) at same time. Wonderful.

KL
Level Contributor
85 posts
100 reviews
3. Re: Massage in Hanoi

A lot of the establishments are clean but the level of competency for nails and make up is still a couple of years behind other cities. Also major brands are only available in the city to the side of the Opera House. All the posh stuff on that side of town.

The rest only use unknown (maybe known to the locals) nail varnish. Also tools are not sterilized, oooppss.

Mudgee, Australia
Destination Expert
for Mudgee
Level Contributor
217 posts
358 reviews
4. Re: Massage in Hanoi

Gday

In 2005 we stayed at the Hoa Binh Hotel. There is a large massage area in this htle and it is licenced by the Govt. All my family , wife and 3 teenage sons,had at least one massage there.I think the cost was a bout 150 000 VND.

The location is about 2-3 blocks south of the Lake. Good Luck

Mudgee, Australia
Destination Expert
for Mudgee
Level Contributor
217 posts
358 reviews
5. Re: Massage in Hanoi

just found the address

Hoa Binh 27 Ly Thuong Kiet St Hoan Kiem

Boston...
Level Contributor
512 posts
75 reviews
6. Re: Massage in Hanoi

we went to QT for a hot stone massage and for foot reflexology. It was a very nice place. I can't remember the exact price, but the reflexology was about $10-15 and the massage was somewhere like $25-35. IT is a good option. right near the lake, just before the well known ice cream place

Los Angeles...
7 posts
1 review
7. Re: Massage in Hanoi

We went to NQ Salon & Spa recently. DO NOT go there. It's a house turned spa. We had the scrub and massage for $30. But it wasn't much of a scrub. I think they just rubbed my skin off :(. I heard from other travelers that you can get massages for much cheaper.

8. Re: Massage in Hanoi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 14:46