We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ginger or Bhaya Junk? Which is the best?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
47 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Ginger or Bhaya Junk? Which is the best?

Has anyone had experience with Ginger or Bhaya tours? I'll be traveling with my husband and 61 year-old in-laws to Halong Bay and we are deciding between the two. Bhaya seems to be a bit less expensive, however we're willing to pay the extra if the Ginger is that much nicer... Thanks in advance.

los angeles
Level Contributor
535 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ginger or Bhaya Junk? Which is the best?

I'm going to tag on this post as I am trying to find out the same thing for a trip in June.

I would also add Lagoon Explorer 2 and Emeraude. Just read really good review of Emeraude on another board, but it may be a larger boat than we want.

I know there are many reviews on these boards, but would appreciate up to date info as the Bhaya is fairly new. Also, the website for the Ginger says a sister ship was going into operation in Nov 2007, the Jasmine junk. Anyone gone on this??

thanks!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,830 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ginger or Bhaya Junk? Which is the best?

my daughter and I were on Bhaya in August together with another poster and her daughter - we all absolutely loved everything about it. It is a first-class experience in every way.

Seattle
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ginger or Bhaya Junk? Which is the best?

We just returned from Vietnam and did the overnight on the Ginger Junk. We met some great people and the food was delicious. The size was perfect at 10 staterooms and 20 people. We met a couple on the return flight who did the maiden voyage for their new junk. I believe the name was Jasmine. Twice the size and beautiful they said.

Good Luck!

Kathie

4. Re: Ginger or Bhaya Junk? Which is the best?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 13:49