We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agoda - good, bad or what ??

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Agoda - good, bad or what ??

Have regularly used travel agencies and never really encountered any issues, however checking out agoda has me somewhat curious. There prices are generally much cheaper than travel agencies so is there any things to be wary of. I like most like to save a buck.............

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,526 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Agoda - good, bad or what ??

I've never had any issues with them. Been aired many times, search Agoda.....

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,578 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Agoda - good, bad or what ??

Many people swear by Agoda. From what I am told, they are very good at honoring the lowest price garantee.

Owee

www.owee58.com

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
2,814 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Agoda - good, bad or what ??

The first price shown on Agoda does not include all the taxes. You need to go through the steps as if you were buying to find what the total will really be.

You do see the correct amount before the final click to buy and you do have the option of not buying - I just find it a bit frustrating to have to go through those steps to see what I will be paying.

The cheap initial price can be misleading so it is important that you are aware whether you are comparing a pretax price or an inclusive price.

Otherwise Agoda is a legitimate site and you can pick up some very good deals.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Agoda - good, bad or what ??

When you book with agoda, you have to be sure about the hotel because agoda asks you to pay the whole total at once. If you go there and you do not like the hotel, you can not cancel. With the other website, you can book, and if you do not like the hotel, you can stay for one night and then move to another hotel without charge. You can not do this with agoda. Good luck.

5. Re: Agoda - good, bad or what ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2012, 10:58