We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nha trang vs mui ne???

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
Save Topic
nha trang vs mui ne???

During three week trip to Vietman in Sept, we have 4 free days that we would like to spend in either nha trang or mui ne. Given the distance and travel to Mui Ne--is it worth it to go there or should we just stay in Nha Trang?

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,578 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nha trang vs mui ne???

He fellow Albertan,

Nha Trang has much more to do in the ways af attractions, food, etc, but you could probably just play it by ear. If the weather is miserabie, you can always catch a bus to Mui Ne. Mui ne is more a relaxing beach with watersports. This link and the following pages may help

http://owee58.com/2010/04/08/

Owee

www.owee58.com

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
4,422 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nha trang vs mui ne???

Mui Ne is a lot closer to HCMC than Nha Trang. Personally I prefer Mui Ne by a long chalk. Quieter, less overdeveloped (Nha Trang bay has been ruined by development - that horrible Vinpearl sign and too many tower blocks) and generally better restaurants/bars. Also most of the resorts in Mui Ne are right on the beach, whereas most hotels in Nha Trang are across the road from the beach.

As Owen said, there's more to do in Nha Trang but personally I don't go to the beach to "do" stuff, just to lounge by the pool with my iPod & a good book, so if you want to relax, Mui Ne is the place.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nha trang vs mui ne???

Mui Ne by a long stretch for me. We spent time at both destinations and for a more chilled out time and less crowds then Mui Ne is the place. If you are looking for a bustling place with lots of choice of things to do the Nha Trang would be better for you. Depends on what you are looking for.

We had trouble in Nha Trang because they were having enforced black outs every second day making life extremely hot. (we went in June 2010)

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,598 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nha trang vs mui ne???

hammy so far your advice has been creditable. It depends on how fast you want to go. Nha Trang is well developed and subsequently very busy and Mui Ne is not so developed and correspondingly not so busy. Both are lucky with the weather at that time of year ( excluding rare freak events) and I will be back to both again this september. If your exit is HCMC then you can fly back from Nha Trang, or if you go to Mui Ne you can take the coach back to HCMC.

Cheers Ross

5. Re: nha trang vs mui ne???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2011, 10:48