We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Myvietnamvisa has great customer service

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Topic
Myvietnamvisa has great customer service

I am writing a review about a "visa on arrival" service called myvietnamvisa.com. There was a thread about it earlier on TripAdvisor that closed due to inactivity. One of the questions on the thread was whether the website is a scam. I would like to share my experience - which is that MyVietnamVisa.com is unequivocally not a scam.

First, MyVietnamVisa was extremely prompt, responsive to my questions, and professional in every respect. My wife and I had planned a trip to Vietnam and ordered a letter through MyVietnamVisa, and were extremely happy with the customer service. Steve, a customer service rep at the website, helped us understand the issues with the approval letters and instilled confidence in us that the letter would be accepted in Hanoi. Steve was flexible and prompt, and helped us get what we needed for our trip when our plans changed.

As a result of our changed plans, I have not yet been able to actually visit Vietnam and use the approval letter. However, I can attest to the fact that the website is very professional and not at all a scam. When I go to Vietnam, I will be comfortable using MyVietnamVisa.

1. Re: Myvietnamvisa has great customer service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2012, 00:28
ON, Canada
Level Contributor
13,270 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Myvietnamvisa has great customer service

That site is often recommended here, and has excellent on line info.

I used visa4vietnam (also frequently recommended here) and received our approval letters within the promised 2 days.

Susan

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
104 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Myvietnamvisa has great customer service

I'm sure this is a very reliable agency along with many others who offer the visa on arrival service in Vietnam. My experience is that it pays to shop around however, I only paid only $10 for my visa from another travel agent which is much less than Myvietnamvisa quote. I also received mine within 1-2 days with great customer service :)

Edited: 24 October 2010, 06:42
Level Contributor
7 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Myvietnamvisa has great customer service

Given that we will be flying into and out of a major airport, I just made a visa on arrival purchase through myvietnamvisa.com. The customer service was excellent (answering a question on the phone and another through email --- thank you Google Voice for allowing me to make a cheap phone call to Vietnam). Myvietnamvisa was extremely quick in emailing me a PDF of an approval letter from the Immigration Department -- I rcvd it w/in 24 hours of paying for my application. Hopefully all goes smoothly when we arrive in Vietnam......if it doesn't, you can bet I will post a follow-up here by mid-December (when we return from our S.E. Asia trip).

pgh, pa
Destination Expert
for Da Nang
Level Contributor
2,801 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Myvietnamvisa has great customer service

I had trouble with this company just today as I couldn't pay directly with a CC and had to use Paypal which I couldn't access due to and older account I had with them that has been inactive for years. So I went to the company I used before and got it cheaper. That company was Visa-Vietnam.org. There's many companies out there choose wisely.

Drifter

www.vnfrom.blogspot.com

akld
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Myvietnamvisa has great customer service

While we did manage to get our visa from myvietnamvisa.com on time, the issue I had with this agency is though that they applied for a visa for 15 of us all at the same time, so when the approval letter came through it had all of our nationalities, birthdates and Passport no.s on there. I was quite shocked as I thought this would be classed as a huge breach in privacy.

I have no problem with them applying for everyone's visas at the same time for efficiency but would have appreciated them blanking out everyone else's information and just sending the letter to each individual with only that individual's details.

Hopefully no one becomes a victim of identity theft due to their lack of effort on the privacy front.

Edited: 12 November 2010, 13:02
Hanoi, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,363 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Myvietnamvisa has great customer service

they will still be great in my head if they dont spam the board with their self-promotion. oh well.

t2b
Hanoi
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Myvietnamvisa has great customer service

as i knew so far, the letter is not personal but issued for a group of persons, it is the Immigration office who decides, not the visa agent.

9. Re: Myvietnamvisa has great customer service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2012, 00:28
Canberra, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Myvietnamvisa has great customer service

Do not, repeat DO NOT use the My Vietnam Visa site. It purports to be part of the official Vietnam Embassy but is not.

I was sent a "visa letter" that showed my name, nationality, date of birth, and my passport number, and this letter was emailed to 8 other recipients on the list. I now also have the personal identify details of those 8 other people including their names, dates of birth, passport numbers, nationalities.

Not only that, we were listed as a 'group' and that the visa was for business purposes, when I needed a tourist visa.

Consequently, one week before I leave, I now have to cancel my passport and get a new one issued, and get new visas all over again for the countries I am visiting.

This is a SCAM site. It looks legit but it definitely is NOT.