We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vietnam Visa for Canadians

Toronto
Level Contributor
18 posts
Vietnam Visa for Canadians

Just a bit of info for any Canadians travelling to Vietnam.

The visa is easy. Go to www.vietnamembassy-canada.ca

and follow the rules.

I sent the form with picture glued in place, a money order for $79.00 (always call the embassy for the current fee), my passport and a prepaid return courrier envelope. I sent it priority courrier on Monday and received it back by Friday of the same week. Thay are very efficient.

PW

Vietnam
Level Contributor
283 posts
1. Re: Vietnam Visa for Canadians

Oh,

Visa on arrival often cheaper,

Only usd 15/application fee & usd 25/guest pay at the airport for custom on arrival

Total: usd 40/guest for single entry valid 1 month

Vietnam
Level Contributor
264 posts
1 review
2. Re: Vietnam Visa for Canadians

TF, this visa package is made from home and OP buy the comfort, worry-free for it. Anyway, CAN $79 is of similar to US$ 62 which is a good deal.

Paddle, welcome to Vietnam!

3. Re: Vietnam Visa for Canadians

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2008, 00:56
toronto
6 posts
4. Re: Vietnam Visa for Canadians

I want to fly to vietnam from bangkok next week. U r saying that if i have a passport and a onward ticket, i can just land there and get my visa and be on my way? Do i need any photos or anything like that?

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
25,040 posts
70 reviews
5. Re: Vietnam Visa for Canadians

No, you need a letter from a registered agent confirming that you have applied for visa on arrival, which you have to pay for, and you take the letter, your passport, two passport photos of yourself and $25 in clean, crisp American bills (no other payment acceptable, not credit card or anything else) to the Visa on Arrival counter at the airport.

Vietnam
Level Contributor
264 posts
1 review
6. Re: Vietnam Visa for Canadians

York Foodie has taken the words right out of my mouth. lol. All you have to to is following his instruction.

toronto
6 posts
7. Re: Vietnam Visa for Canadians

Ok thanks. What is a registered agent? Travel agent? How much should that cost more or less? Thanks for the info.

toronto
6 posts
8. Re: Vietnam Visa for Canadians

What is a registered agent? Travel agent? How much should that cost more or less? Thanks for the info.

Vietnam
Level Contributor
264 posts
1 review
9. Re: Vietnam Visa for Canadians

throw your request to some agents and see how they get back to you with price quoted. Beside the fixed $25 stamping at the immigration, service fee for visa-upon arrival is around $7 to $15.

Kuwait
1 post
10. Re: Vietnam Visa for Canadians

Please note that I am a Canadian National based in Kuwait and planning to visit Vietnam for a two weeks holiday. Please advise if I can apply online or will be eligible for Visa upon arrival. Thanks and regards

Alex Wilson Coelho

Email:wilson_coelho@hotmail.com