We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vietnam Visa for Canadians

Toronto
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Vietnam Visa for Canadians

Just a bit of info for any Canadians travelling to Vietnam.

The visa is easy. Go to www.vietnamembassy-canada.ca

and follow the rules.

I sent the form with picture glued in place, a money order for $79.00 (always call the embassy for the current fee), my passport and a prepaid return courrier envelope. I sent it priority courrier on Monday and received it back by Friday of the same week. Thay are very efficient.

PW

Mentioned in this post
Vietnam
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Vietnam Visa for Canadians

Oh,

Visa on arrival often cheaper,

Only usd 15/application fee & usd 25/guest pay at the airport for custom on arrival

Total: usd 40/guest for single entry valid 1 month

Vietnam
Level Contributor
263 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Vietnam Visa for Canadians

TF, this visa package is made from home and OP buy the comfort, worry-free for it. Anyway, CAN $79 is of similar to US$ 62 which is a good deal.

Paddle, welcome to Vietnam!

Mentioned in this post
3. Re: Vietnam Visa for Canadians

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2008, 00:56
toronto
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Vietnam Visa for Canadians

I want to fly to vietnam from bangkok next week. U r saying that if i have a passport and a onward ticket, i can just land there and get my visa and be on my way? Do i need any photos or anything like that?

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
24,383 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vietnam Visa for Canadians

No, you need a letter from a registered agent confirming that you have applied for visa on arrival, which you have to pay for, and you take the letter, your passport, two passport photos of yourself and $25 in clean, crisp American bills (no other payment acceptable, not credit card or anything else) to the Visa on Arrival counter at the airport.

Vietnam
Level Contributor
263 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Vietnam Visa for Canadians

York Foodie has taken the words right out of my mouth. lol. All you have to to is following his instruction.

toronto
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Vietnam Visa for Canadians

Ok thanks. What is a registered agent? Travel agent? How much should that cost more or less? Thanks for the info.

toronto
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Vietnam Visa for Canadians

What is a registered agent? Travel agent? How much should that cost more or less? Thanks for the info.

Vietnam
Level Contributor
263 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Vietnam Visa for Canadians

throw your request to some agents and see how they get back to you with price quoted. Beside the fixed $25 stamping at the immigration, service fee for visa-upon arrival is around $7 to $15.

Kuwait
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Vietnam Visa for Canadians

Please note that I am a Canadian National based in Kuwait and planning to visit Vietnam for a two weeks holiday. Please advise if I can apply online or will be eligible for Visa upon arrival. Thanks and regards

Alex Wilson Coelho

Email:wilson_coelho@hotmail.com

Mentioned in this post