We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internal Flights

Newcastle Upon Tyne
Level Contributor
71 posts
126 reviews
Save Topic
Internal Flights

Hi all, are we better to book our internatl Hanoi-Hue, Da Nang-Hanoi in advance from the UK or nearer the time (june19) or when we get there. Any good websites for dood deals welcomed. Regards.

10 replies to this topic
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
2,924 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Internal Flights

Book on the airline's website.

Use search tools to inform yourself of the usual fare then book when you see the fare reach that level.

Edited: 07 August 2018, 19:32
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Level Contributor
71 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Internal Flights

do the fares get cheaper the close you get do you know or not? Vietnam airlines i take it? Thanks for yor reply.

Edited: 07 August 2018, 19:49
glasgow
Level Contributor
251 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Internal Flights

I have flown with vietnam airlines & vietjet - book directly from their own websites below

Both i have found to be very good , and for the most part i have had no issues

Vietnam airlines would be classed a full service airline whereas Vietjet a budget , however for these short flights the only difference really would be you would need to purchase baggage allowance for Vietjet (not expensive) - you would also get a light meal with Vietnam airlines, but i would book the cheaper , assuming flights are at a suitable time.

Also would definitely book before you arrive, and both have calendars so you can play around and guess when would be the cheapest time to book - for example if you were booking vietnam airlines 10 months the prices tend to be more expensive , than waiting to nearer time

Alternative - not necessarily any/much cheaper is overnight train - done a few times with kids - not bad experience but would only recommend if you have loads of time

https://www.vietnamairlines.com/

https://www.vietjetair.com

Newcastle Upon Tyne
Level Contributor
71 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Internal Flights

Cheers Kev, I did consider the train but we are using the train between Hue and Da Nang. So if we wait nearer the time they may come down in price you think? Saying that they're only £72 each one way anyway. Coming back would be from Da Nang to Hanoi, so cant get a return fare.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,954 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Internal Flights

TheSandersons07 Coming back would be from Da Nang to Hanoi, so cant get a return fare

----

On the Vietnam Airlines site, select multiple destinations. Enter what flights you want. Not strictly return but if you are looking at just one ticket for all flights, near enough.

Vietjet is a point to point carrier (budget), I doubt if you'll be able to do the same on their website

I would also check how many flights are flown on the day(s) you are looking at. Some regional airports sometimes have only one or two flights per day to and from certain destinations. Those flights I would book before arrival.

Newcastle Upon Tyne
Level Contributor
71 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Internal Flights

Thanks Bertie thats handy to know. Yes from what you guys have told me i think Vietnam Airlines is gonna be the best option. Thanks again.

glasgow
Level Contributor
251 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Internal Flights

Not sure booking a return is cheaper than booking 2 singles with either of these airlines, so no hassle booking 2 singles with different routes

The Hue - DaNang stretch on train is definitely worth doing as scenery is tremendous - try and book on left hand side of train, but from memory people pretty much sit where they want regardless of seat booking !

Not sure your dates , but vietjet have flights from Hanoi - Hue from mid September - December for 24 USD per person - there are 2 flights a day and this price is virtually any flight on any days in this time period

Once you select flights there is some additional costs (some optional - luggage / some compulsory - card charge) but would definitely be less than 70 GBP. Flights before this will be more expensive and flights for 2019 not yet out.

Vietnam airlines have flights from 750K dong which again is around 25 quid for certain dates (includes luggage)

Without knowing your dates , i cannot say for sure you will get cheaper than 70 quid , but if it is over 2 months away , i would say for sure you will be able to , and keep an eye out but typically booking 2 - 4 months before is optimal

Newcastle Upon Tyne
Level Contributor
71 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Internal Flights

Hi Kev cheers for that matey, we are departing Hanoi for Hue on the 7th June 2019. returning from DaNang to Hanoi on the 17th.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vietnam
Level Contributor
9,974 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Internal Flights

"....we are departing Hanoi for Hue on the 7th June 2019. returning from DaNang to Hanoi on the 17th."

You're a little early. ;-)

Start looking at prices in late February / early March.

Scott

Newcastle Upon Tyne
Level Contributor
71 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Internal Flights

Yes the internals will be booked in the new year. Cheers

Reply to: Internal Flights
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted