We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cycling Hoi An to Hue

Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Cycling Hoi An to Hue

I am part of 3 couples in their mid 50's taking their first trip to Vietnam in September. As part of our trip are looking at doing a 2 day cycle from Hoi An to Hue with either Phat Tires or Hoi An cycling

Although some us are regular riders and will have no problems with the distance or elevation, a few of the others will struggle (I suspect)

Has anyone had any experience with either of these companies, and specifically on this route (and specifically if they didnt cycle the whole trip but used the sag wagon for part of it)

7 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,571 posts
44 reviews
1. Re: Cycling Hoi An to Hue

There's a regular here called Leonek who did Hue to Hoi An on bikes back in 2013. I don't recall which company she went with but here's her blog entry for this leg (starting in Hue)

https:/…

Hope this helps

Da Lat, Vietnam
Level Contributor
172 posts
2. Re: Cycling Hoi An to Hue

Hi

Phat Tire's company located in Dalat so i think for the whole package trip range cost of transportation from here to Hoi An is must higher than the other companies in Hoi An. Or they may sorted out to a company there.

In general all staff members of Phat Tires i know they are brilliant guides.

Cheers

Dat

Rach Gia, Vietnam
Level Contributor
415 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Cycling Hoi An to Hue

Why not do it on your own, just rent some bicycles :Lovely ride from Đà Nẵng to Huế :Fairly steep coming out of Danang but great scenery.

If you get too tired to continue, just hail a bus.

Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Cycling Hoi An to Hue

Some of us may end up just hiring a bike and doing a day trip (up and back), any recommendations for where to hire a reasonable bike ?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,571 posts
44 reviews
5. Re: Cycling Hoi An to Hue

You may want to google map the distance. From what I can see it's well over 100km one way from Hue to Hoi An.

Try these guys in Hue.

https:/…

Rach Gia, Vietnam
Level Contributor
415 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Cycling Hoi An to Hue

Unless you are one of the professional cyclists who just completed the Tour de France, you won't be able to do a round trip between these two cities(260km with some steep hills on the way) in a day.

Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Cycling Hoi An to Hue

Thanks for the help

Just to clarify, if two of us end up doing the day trip it will just be Hoi An (or Da Nang) to somewhere like Lang Co Beach and return. By up and back I meant up both sides of the Hai Van Pass.

Reply to: Cycling Hoi An to Hue
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted