We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South Vietnam - Itinery Help

6 posts
Save Topic
South Vietnam - Itinery Help

Hello Guys,

I am planning to travel to South Vietnam with family , for 8 Night in Jan 2019. I got 2 boys 6 & 11 Yrs old.

I need some tips/help in planning out itinerary

• After reading few post, we have decided to go to South only – Mainly due to fact that we got only 8 night and hoping that South Vietnam has lots of things to do for a Young Family .

• We would like to relax few days at the Beach ( Preferably somewhere with Water activity to keep kids occupied )

• We would also like to explore the Vietnamese Culture

• Thinking this in mind, we have come up with below Draft Itinerary

2-3 Night in HCMC

2 Night at Mekong Delta Or Da Lat

3-4 Night either at Mui Ne Or Phu Quoc Or any other Beach Area

Appreciate if you can let us know your thought on

- Which is the best Beach in Vietnam to relax - Mui Ne Or Phu Quoc ?

- Which one is better Mekong Delta Or Da Lat

Thanks

Arif

13 replies to this topic
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: South Vietnam - Itinery Help

I prefer Mekong Delta and Mui Ne beach. Much to see for your children in Mekong delta, they may like to take bicycle around countryside and take boat to small cannal. In Mui ne they visit Sand Dunes and play some games there. Also transfer from Ho Chi Minh to Mekong delta is nearer than to Dalat, you can take train or private car to Mui ne.

Blackburn, England.
Level Contributor
3 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: South Vietnam - Itinery Help

We're off to Vietnam at the end of the month and will be spending a few days in Da Lat. Will let you know our thoughts.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
311 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: South Vietnam - Itinery Help

Hello,

As you long time in Vietnam with your children, I suggest you should spend a 2-day in Mekong Delta which are many activities on Mekong Lake may suit for your family and children such as visiting Floating market, cycling.

For convenience and save time, you can take a bus (3 hours) or the boat (2.5 hours) go to Phu Quoc island from Can Tho in Mekong Delta. However, in my own experience, 3 days 2 night is enough to explore this island. And the beach here is much more beautiful than Mui Ne. In the other hand, the Mui Ne is have many activities as #1 post mentioned which compares to Phu Quoc island.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Innoviet Travel.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,800 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: South Vietnam - Itinery Help

For such a short trip, consider the number of full days to spend in each place rather than counting nights. 2 nights = only 1 full day. Travel in SEAsia is very slow and time-consuming. Don't underestimate it.

Not a good idea to ask what's 'best' or 'better' (for what?) . You'll get conflicting and confusing replies.

Mackay, Australia
Level Contributor
163 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: South Vietnam - Itinery Help

So totally agree with GD 365. But from our experience Jan 2017. Mui ne beaches were lovely and clean but rough. Phu Quoc were very calm but dirty. Hard choice I know. But for me it would be Mui ne.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
8,428 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: South Vietnam - Itinery Help

January is a good time to visit the Mekong where you can see how the farmers and growers getting all the produces, ornamental plants and flowering trees to ship to the major cities (especially Saigon) ahead of the Tet national holiday. Best done with a private tour in order to go through the provinces at your leisure (Bao Loc tour guide or Jason SSS). A minimum of 2 nights is recommended.

Mui Ne is a nice beach, but it takes some time to get to.

Vung Tau is much easier with the limited that that you will have.

You can either take the hi-speed boat or a private car (about 2 hours either way hotel to hotel.)

A day package at the Ho May Park (which includes a short cable car ride) can sit well with the children. There's also the new marina if you want some watersport and the White Rabbit Entertainment Park (Công viên Thỏ Trắng) for the little one.

Cheers,

John

6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: South Vietnam - Itinery Help

Hello Cindy, Thanks for the advice. I reckoned that's where I am heading .. Mui Ne and Mekong . I will need to figure out if there is a transport ( Train or Bus ) from directly from Mekong delta to Mui Ne . ( without going to Hcmc)

Thanks for your tips .

6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: South Vietnam - Itinery Help

Sure Darren, will looking forward to your feedback. Cheers

6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: South Vietnam - Itinery Help

Sure GD 365, Thanks for the tips and understand your viewpoint . I thought it will be easier to ask feedback from people and incorporate those feedback in to planning.

Thanks anyway

Cheers

6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: South Vietnam - Itinery Help

tks gypsyrocket333

Reply to: South Vietnam - Itinery Help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted