We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Issue with hotel room.

Melbourne, Australia
5 posts
Save Topic
Issue with hotel room.

My wife and I are currently staying in a hotel in Nha Trang and our aircon flooded our bathroom.

When we reported the issue the hotel was very quick to send someone to repair it but they have used some chemical and now our room is full of fumes.

I'm pretty sure our hotel is fully booked at the moment. Is it worth asking for a new room? Or is there anything I can do?

So far none of the staff we have spoken to have very good English, so communication is limited.

Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Khanh Hoa Province, Vietnam
6 replies to this topic
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
2,673 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Issue with hotel room.

Rule of thumb: talk to management. No one in Vietnam does anything on an individual basis. It's a top down culture.

Mentioned in this post
Melbourne, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Issue with hotel room.

Thanks. We have gone out to dinner hoping the room the airs out, otherwise we will ask to speak to a manager.

Da Lat, Vietnam
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Issue with hotel room.

Yeah you should talk to a manager soon.

I guess they did clean up the filter, charged some more gas into it and so now it runs faster, makes fumes out. It mights take a day or two to be normal.

Dat

Wangaratta...
Level Contributor
536 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Issue with hotel room.

Don’t ask, DEMAND something is done, action. !!!

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,883 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Issue with hotel room.

If you are getting fumes out from an air con unit, something is fundamentally wrong with it.

As mentioned above, demand action. Don't just go with the flow, you're paying for a service. Full or not, that's a management problem, not yours.

melbourne
Level Contributor
4,979 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Issue with hotel room.

I got a very quick, positive result by emailing the hotel (from my room LOL) in Bali. The manager on duty didn't want to give me a letter that I needed for insurance, but within about 15 mins of my email, I had a phone call and someone delivered me the letter I requested, to my room.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Reply to: Issue with hotel room.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted