We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Domestic flight from Hoi An to HCMC

Auckland, New...
3 posts
Domestic flight from Hoi An to HCMC

Hi, intending to book a first trip from Hanoi to HCMC over 2 weeks in April stopping in Hoi An. Keen to do an overnight train Hanoi to Hoi An but for the second leg wanting to book a domestic flight. Trying to find flights but only seem to see Vietnam airlines on offer and quite expensive. How far in advance do Vietair or Jetstar offer cheap flights and is it worth waiting given they likely charge for baggage allowance rather than include in the ticket price. Any help appreciated.

5 replies to this topic
Hanoi
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
80 reviews
1. Re: Domestic flight from Hoi An to HCMC

Book a flight in January 20019

Auckland, New...
3 posts
2. Re: Domestic flight from Hoi An to HCMC

Many thanks for the advice.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Hue
Level Contributor
2,507 posts
20 reviews
3. Re: Domestic flight from Hoi An to HCMC

At the moment, it's the same situation from January 1. No tickets on Vietjet. No flights on Jetstar and only the highest priced classes on Vietnam Airlines. I won't bother to look for April until after mid-September early October when the fares for the Tet travel period come online. With VA I wouldn't expect the cheaper classes online for April till much later.

Regards

rayza

Auckland, New...
3 posts
4. Re: Domestic flight from Hoi An to HCMC

Any idea how far in advance overnight train tickets are available too? Many thanks.

Hanoi
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
80 reviews
5. Re: Domestic flight from Hoi An to HCMC

For the train tickets, book when you are in Hanoi, but the ride is endless ! As a matter of fact, I would the flight in Hanoi also (Tet is in February, so, no impact)

Reply to: Domestic flight from Hoi An to HCMC
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted