We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wall art/painting

Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Wall art/painting

Hey guys

This is a real long shot, but if you don't ask you don't get....

A couple of years back we were in Hoi An and saw a painting in a bar that we'd really like to get a copy of. It as a large painting of a Vietnamese girl smelling her palms with the caption 'I love the smell of Napalm in the morning.' I'm fully aware of sickening message of this picture, but in the setting of the bar it really stood out, and myself and my partner think about it a lot as a memory of the trip.

We've searched high and low online and can't find anything. I'm wondering if there is anyone out there that may have an idea where we could maybe track down a similar type of picture. We saw it in Hoi An, but I'm sure there is similar stuff all over tourist places in Vietnam. Obviously we are happy to pay to ship it over from 'Nam.

As I say, long shot, but if anyone can help us track down this painting, we'd be eternally grateful.

Hit me up with all your ideas.....!

Thank you

Dan

3 replies to this topic
UK
Level Contributor
3,183 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wall art/painting

Seriously?

https:/…Phan_Thi_Kim_Phuc

Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wall art/painting

Hey Manatdollar

Thanks for your response. However that wasn't what I was looking for. I'd hoped by the reference in my post that I was well aware of the horrific nature of napalm bombings and I'm not looking for a picture celebrating them.

The irony seems to have been lost on you; I've referenced a Vietnamese girl in a painting (I.E. not a pic of people being bombed), hung in a VIETNAMESE bar. It is clearly a self empowering view on the most tragic time in Vietnamese history, and I'd like to remember the best country I've ever visited in this way.

I'll apologise if I wasn't this clear in my original post/description, but I feel you've purposely misrepresented my view/intentions.

If you are au fait with the country and can help find the wall art I am looking for, I'd be glad to hear further from you.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
10,868 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wall art/painting

I think you've underestimated how offensive your request is.

I showed your post to my Vietnamese partner who lived through the bombings and her response was unprintable on a family forum.

I can think of lot nicer paintings as memories of your trip to Vietnam than that painting.

Reply to: Wall art/painting
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted