We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to book trip to Vietnam

Cheadle hulme
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Best place to book trip to Vietnam

I’m looking to book Vietnam next Easter 2 adults 2 children from Manchester UK

Any suggestions who to book with Trailfinders don’t offer internal flights in Vietnam?

Thinking Hoi Chi Min then Hoi An but open to other suggestions!

Thanks

8 replies to this topic
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
3,309 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Best place to book trip to Vietnam

What are you asking?

Any flight finding app will find flights and fares for you. For the three most commonly used domestic carriers go directly to their websites.

Vietnam Airlines, Vietjet, Jetstar

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,383 posts
42 reviews
2. Re: Best place to book trip to Vietnam

Be more specific with your questions, then TA members can help.

If you want to find flights, use Skyscanner and book directly with the airline, not an agent. Why? If you have to alter your flight details, agents charge exorbitant fees.

Go to Travelfish.org for some in-depth research to find out which places are likely to best suit your interests and preferences.

We all have differing ones, so a post like yours which is so open is more likely to lead to confusion rather than help.

Edited: 03 August 2018, 23:11
Ben Tre, Vietnam
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
1 review
3. Re: Best place to book trip to Vietnam

Agree with the post above!

Wangaratta...
Level Contributor
586 posts
65 reviews
4. Re: Best place to book trip to Vietnam

I slightly disagree with the above, Travel Agents in Australia (generally) offer a great service, if you do all your bookings online

and you have trouble I have heard others say they cannot contact the appropriate third party, to each their own.

As far as Hoian, no problems, you will enjoy your stay there, it is coming off their wet season so you may get a cooler

day here and there but generally it will be ok.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
10,196 posts
51 reviews
5. Re: Best place to book trip to Vietnam

First off it is my opinion that you should not entertain booking with a UK Travel Agent. By all means get your flights booked as per advice above and then armed with your dates research on this forum for Vietnamese Agents. Any main street agent in your home town will not be traveling with you, as they are merely subcontracting a Vietnamese agents Tour, so you may as well get the same tour and save yourself a bundle.

Cheers Ross

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
13,451 posts
169 reviews
6. Re: Best place to book trip to Vietnam

Just book your flights direct with the airline,and your hotels with one of the usual hotel booking websites

The days of paying a travel agent to do this for you is long gone

Greater London...
Level Contributor
1,513 posts
10 reviews
7. Re: Best place to book trip to Vietnam

Take a look at Kayak to find flights that suit your requirements then book directly with the airline.

Hotels can be booked on Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, etc, etc

London
Destination Expert
for Salta
Level Contributor
4,136 posts
294 reviews
8. Re: Best place to book trip to Vietnam

I usually book Direct with th airlines concerned. Start by looking on Kayak.com for International and internal flights.

If Trailfinders can’t help then STA Travel are very good and can sometimes get better deals than booking direct.

Booking.com is good for accommodation.

Basically, you need decide where you want to go, what you want to see/do to sort out an itinerary. Buy a guidebook and have a good read. I like Rough Guides.

Reply to: Best place to book trip to Vietnam
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted