We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Museums worth entering

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
24 posts
13 reviews
Museums worth entering

Hi, I've noticed that there are must see attractions in HCMC which include different museums.

Given my limited time, may I ask for opinion which is the best and money worthy museum to visit?

I'm torn between

1. HCMC city museum (not sure if my info is right, but I saw it somewhere that everything in the museum is only in Vietnam, there's no English translation. Anyone could clarify it? Thank you)

2. War remnant museum (am planning to visit cu chi tunnel anyways, would it be too much of war related stuffs to fit into my schedule???)

3. Independence palace

Thank you

6 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vietnam
Level Contributor
10,582 posts
1. Re: Museums worth entering

Definitely the War Remnants museum.

Probably the Independence Palace, too. We've just never managed to make it there. :-)

Scott

Canberra
Level Contributor
2,085 posts
1 review
2. Re: Museums worth entering

I prefer the Reunification Palace aka the Presidential Palace of the the old South Vietnam.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
56 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: Museums worth entering

I haven't had opportunity to visit yet, but based on what I found out on Internet, maybe War Remnants Museum with a lot of artifacts in Vietnamese glorious history is a good choice!

London
Destination Expert
for Salta
Level Contributor
4,215 posts
306 reviews
4. Re: Museums worth entering

The Reunification Palace and teh War Remnants museum are definitely worth a visit ( do check the opening times though!) some info and photos of one of our visits to Saigon which may provide and idea of what to expect on our blog @

https:/…

The HCM museum is worth a quick visit but I wouldn’t go out of your way to make it. Personally, I would not bother with te Cu Chi tunnels.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
234 posts
54 reviews
5. Re: Museums worth entering

We were in Vietnam last month and we went to the War Remnants Museum and then to the Cu Chi Tunnels (not on the same day). We were so pleased that we did both. When we went to the War Remnants Museum we went to the third floor and requested a guided tour (which is free) and we were so pleased that we did. The tour guide made the experience so much more meaningful. Visiting the tunnels after we had been to the museum made the tunnels a lot more meaningful.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vietnam
Level Contributor
10,582 posts
6. Re: Museums worth entering

"Visiting the tunnels after we had been to the museum made the tunnels a lot more meaningful."

Interesting you say that, because that is how I felt.

While the tunnels are, I suppose, one of those 'must sees', I found them a bit meh.....

But seeing them after seeing the War Remnants museum, kind of completed the experience.

Scott

Reply to: Museums worth entering
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted