We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mekong delta tour

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
24 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Mekong delta tour

Hi. I am planning to visit HCMC and to spend 2D 1N @ Mekong delta with tour agency.

Some suggested (on forum) not to follow any agencies as they bring you from one tourist traps to another. However, I realised the itineraries offered by many hotels or tour agencies are similar, although prices might vary slightly.

I reckon following tour is the best way to get the most out of my stay @ Mekong delta/can tho.

What are your thoughts?

Thank you

6 replies to this topic
Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Mekong delta tour

I think it is better if you book a tour because there are not a lot of people that can speak English there.

Canberra
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Mekong delta tour

I also recommend a tour.

My Sinh Tourist Tour was good value.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,028 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mekong delta tour

we did tour with RealMekongDelta tours. Definitely non touristy. Alternatively cheap way, would be bus to Can Tho and do your own thing there with an early morning market boat trip

Ben Tre, Vietnam
Level Contributor
2,323 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Mekong delta tour

The other way is take a bus from HCMC to some province in Mekong Delta and then taxi to the homestay you booked.

Do a tour with local agent!

Level Contributor
20 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mekong delta tour

We used Xuan from Tour with Xuan he lives in HCMC but is originally from the Mekong Delta.

He is a very friendly young man and extremely knowledgeable. He will tailor your trip to suit yourselves.

Royston, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mekong delta tour

We used Lee from tours by locals and barely saw any other tourists,we stayed one night in can tho and it was a private tour.

Reply to: Mekong delta tour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted