We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The need of a local tour guide In HCMC

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
24 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
The need of a local tour guide In HCMC

Hi. I am thinking whether to seek for local tour guide help while navigating in HCMC. Some said you get a great deals bargaining if you have a local guide to help you.

On a side note, I prefer things to be more flexible. I wish to travel and see things, to experience things at my own pace.

Is it necessary to have a tour guide?

6 replies to this topic
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
2,918 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The need of a local tour guide In HCMC

Would you engage a tour guide in any other city you've visited?

I'm guessing the answer is no. Not have I ever.

I've joined scheduled bus tours in Oslo, San Francisco because I was short of time.

You don't really need a tour guide in HCMC. And traffic makes sight seeing buses pretty much impossible.

Edited: 03 August 2018, 01:07
Level Contributor
295 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The need of a local tour guide In HCMC

You probably don't need a local guide in Saigon. Most of what tourists like to see are in District 1, which is relatively compact and straight forward. Another point of interest is Cho Lon (or Chinatown), which might have a little more convoluted road layout.

On bargaining, at places well known to tourists (like Ben Thanh market), if you pay for more half the asking price, you're paying too much.

Canberra
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: The need of a local tour guide In HCMC

The local bus system is useful in Saigon to get around.

You do not need a guide.

2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: The need of a local tour guide In HCMC

In My Opinion, There is not necessity to hire any local guide but if you wish to hire any local guide in HCMC, then I know 1 Guide Personally, His Name Is Sam, You Can Contact Him On alam_s@hotmail.co.uk, He is Available On Leamigo.com But It will be more better, If you will have a solo trip

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
24 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The need of a local tour guide In HCMC

Thank you so much Mona. I guess so too earlier given that much of the attractions are clustered together. Thank you so much

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The need of a local tour guide In HCMC

Contact http://saigonhotpot.vn/

Reply to: The need of a local tour guide In HCMC
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted