We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hue or HoiAn for TET?

Derbyshire, UK
Level Contributor
103 posts
107 reviews
Hue or HoiAn for TET?

Hi

I have booked flights for 3 weeks in Vietnam from the 29 Jan.. I am thinking of staying in HoiAn or Hue for 4 or 5 nights from the 4th Feb for the main Tet holiday, please would any experts advise which would be the best base for TET and things to do during TET?

We spent TET in Penang, Malaysia in 2016 and loved the experience and hoping Vietnam will be a good experience too. With Hue and HoiAn being tourist bases I assume some restaurants will remain open..as they did in Penang?

Thanks for your help

6 replies to this topic
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
97 reviews
1. Re: Hue or HoiAn for TET?

If you like a place has more tourist and activities you can stay in Hoian, Hue is nice too but seem quiter than Hoian.

Ben Tre, Vietnam
Level Contributor
2,455 posts
1 review
2. Re: Hue or HoiAn for TET?

Hoian seems better.

Derbyshire, UK
Level Contributor
103 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: Hue or HoiAn for TET?

Thank you!

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Hue
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
20 reviews
4. Re: Hue or HoiAn for TET?

Hi familyPalmer,

Some other UK travellers first time in VN really enjoyed Tet in Hue this year : See Post #2 in

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g29…

Regards

rayza

Derbyshire, UK
Level Contributor
103 posts
107 reviews
5. Re: Hue or HoiAn for TET?

Thank you Rayza,

4 posts
6. Re: Hue or HoiAn for TET?

I’m going to Vietnam then also, and will hopefully be on Hoi An for the celebrations! Reading various posts on here and a number of travel blogs, it seems a great place to be!

Reply to: Hue or HoiAn for TET?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted