We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island hopping

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
35 posts
95 reviews
Island hopping

Hi

Is there any chance for island hopping in Vietnam? I was wondering visiting a few islands During a beach holiday over Christmas since we're not really into lying on the same beach for two weeks, but very much interested in snorkeling and diving beside relaxation.

I appreciate any guidance.

Thanks,

Edited: 01 August 2018, 12:35
4 replies to this topic
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
3,480 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Island hopping

There are such tours in Nha Trang. But they're day tours, you visit 3-4 islands, have lunch, snorkel.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
10,250 posts
51 reviews
2. Re: Island hopping

Where are the islands you are referring to ? If you are wanting a brochure blue holiday that you see advertised in Travel Agents then VN is not the place for you. Nearest would be Thailand or maybe the Philippines.

The east sea along Vietnams coast is a sedimented green sea and you would have to go a long way offshore to get to good diving grounds. Paracels and Spratleys are off limits. Possibily Con Dao but not guaranteed.

Cheers Ross

Greater London...
Level Contributor
1,544 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Island hopping

I don't think Vietnam will give you the sort of holiday you are looking for..I would suggest Thailand.

puerto princesa
Level Contributor
8,286 posts
549 reviews
4. Re: Island hopping

We enjoyed the island hopping in Nha Trang, along with a superb seafood lunch. I don't believe there is any other area to island hop

Reply to: Island hopping
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted