We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vietnam E-Visa

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Vietnam E-Visa

Has anyone recently used the Vietnam e-visa function (the legitimate one on the smart traveller site) and had success with it. I need to get one processed urgently and the consulate in Canberra says even though it is legitimate it is and "unstable" site and cant be relied on

13 replies to this topic
Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
8,578 posts
49 reviews
1. Re: Vietnam E-Visa

I applied online yesterday . All went well so will wait the 3/4 days to see if it comes through. I spoke to Canberra embassy on Friday and they told me $99 per person to get it through them. I simply did not want to put our passports in the mail, so disregarded that avenue.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vietnam
Level Contributor
10,591 posts
2. Re: Vietnam E-Visa

Ignore what the consulate says, the e-visa website is a legitimate government site.

The Embassies / Consulates can see their cash cow slipping away.

Scott

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Vietnam E-Visa

Thank you Lynne,

Can I ask if you used the one smart traveller recommends

https:/…trang-chu-ttdt

and did you have any problems with your payment going through ?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vietnam
Level Contributor
10,591 posts
4. Re: Vietnam E-Visa

"Can I ask if you used the one smart traveller recommends

https:/…trang-chu-ttdt "

That's the one and only official e-visa site.

Scott

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
8,578 posts
49 reviews
5. Re: Vietnam E-Visa

No problems with the payment going through. I answered your PM.

sydney
Level Contributor
342 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: Vietnam E-Visa

Used the Evisa site and got our visas in three days

England, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
26 reviews
7. Re: Vietnam E-Visa

So this is the information I posted on another similar question trail about e-Visas on the forum on 28 January 2018 to give as much information and reassurance as possible. I hope it helps. The process should take 3 working days:

"So, I thought I would give this thread the details of my own experience last week of applying for 2 eVisas to allow my husband and me into Vietnam from the UK via airports later this year. It all went very well and was straight forward.

First of all, we used the official website, mentioned many times on the forum threads, of https:/…trang-chu-ttdt

It was also very helpful to know that there's a Frequently Asked Questions section which I didn't initially spot myself until someone else directed me to it. It's a must read to prepare you for any queries you might come up against as your complete your online eVisa application:https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/en_US/faq

You need to have your suitably sized portrait photograph and the photo page of your passport scanned, ready for uploading to the application page. And you need to have handy the dates you're entering and exiting Vietnam, the name of those relevant airports, and the name of the place/hotel where you'll be staying in Vietnam.

The application guidelines lead you to expect that you have to enter your name surname first, followed by your first names. But when you come to that part of the application, it clearly says that it wants your full name in the order of first names followed by surname. So I entered our names in the order of first names and then surname, and that was fine and acceptable.

It wasn't clear to me in advance whether payment for the eVisas could be made by credit or debit card, as the guidance wording almost made it sound like it might have to be some kind of bank transfer. But no problems, when it came to the payment part the system asked for credit/debit card details.

When the application was submitted, prior to payment, the unique reference number came up on screen and I quickly wrote it down and took screenshots, to make sure I had it recorded correctly so that I could retrieve the eVisas after processing. However, because I had included my email address on my applications, I received emails immediately afterwards, confirming my unique reference numbers. I was told it would take 3 days to process the applications, so made a mental note to check in 3 days time.

Three days later, before I'd even had a chance to check, I received 2 separate emails confirming that the eVisas were now ready for printing out. I had not expected this from previous forum threads, so don't know how new this email notification system is. I was able to access each eVisa and print them off for our records. Please note that the eVisas do not contain either of the photos that I'd submitted, so don't worry about that. The only other thing of note worth mentioning was that my computer would not let me download the eVisas, I got an error message saying it was forbidden (by whom or what I'm not sure).

I hope this summary of my experience offers help or reassurance to anyone about to apply."

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
253 posts
113 reviews
8. Re: Vietnam E-Visa

Thanks for all the details. I have made notes of each step. Just want to be clear that you could print out your e-visas by using another computer?

England, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
26 reviews
9. Re: Vietnam E-Visa

Yes, I was able to print them out no problem. I just couldn't save them as a file or pdf, it was the saving that seemed to be forbidden. It might purely have been down to incompatible systems between countries.

Western Australia...
Level Contributor
576 posts
8 reviews
10. Re: Vietnam E-Visa

I went through the same process as above. After opening the E-Visa on my email uploaded it to my google dropbox so it is acessable on any of my devices. If the poster needs a visa urgently then I suggest applying for an express VOA.

Reply to: Vietnam E-Visa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted