We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trips into mainland Vietnam from Phu Quoc Island?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Trips into mainland Vietnam from Phu Quoc Island?

me and my partner are visiting Phu Quoc Island for 2 weeks in November. We're interested in visiting the mainland to do some exploring, can anyone give some advice on places that are close or recommend to visit or even if we can also visit cambodia from the island what would be cool to do there?

5 replies to this topic
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trips into mainland Vietnam from Phu Quoc Island?

You can fly back HCM city, do some days tour in Mekong Delta and visit HCMC. If you have more time, try to visit Dalat. nice and beautiful place. Weather is cool all year, beautiful city

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trips into mainland Vietnam from Phu Quoc Island?

Thank you for you really advice! We will look into that definitely!

Ben Tre, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Trips into mainland Vietnam from Phu Quoc Island?

Do a high speed boat (Superdong) into the mainland (Rach Gia port) and bus to Mekong Delta (Can Tho)... HCMC.

Cheers,

DinHo

Netherlands
Level Contributor
782 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trips into mainland Vietnam from Phu Quoc Island?

You will save yourself a lot of money by doing excursions in and between HCMC and Mekong delta, and then travel to Phu Quoc.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
681 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trips into mainland Vietnam from Phu Quoc Island?

We are travelling to Phu Quoc in March for 2 weeks but are going to get flights to HCMC for at least 1 or 2 nights and book a city tour.Keeping an eye on flight prices. At the minute they've been around $58 each way with Vietnam Airline. I've been told there should be better deals than this? Anyone advise??

Edited: 24 June 2017, 14:19
Reply to: Trips into mainland Vietnam from Phu Quoc Island?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted