We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Am I too old for castaways??

5 posts
Save Topic
Am I too old for castaways??

So I'm heading to Vietnam in November with a friend.

We are going to climb fansipan because it's on my bucket list. But I also really want a bit of a party while I'm over there too.

I'd love to do the castaways island 3 night tour with the booze cruise etc. but I will be 28 by then and am a bit worried I'll look totally tragic.

While I want to do sightseeing and touristy stuff, I believe in balance and letting your hair down and I just fricken love getting wasted still if I'm totally honest.

Be honest with me, am I too old for castaways??

11 replies to this topic
Hexham, United...
Level Contributor
208 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Am I too old for castaways??

Just do it, who cares how old you are. I have been known to get wasted occasionally and I'm 60

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
160 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Am I too old for castaways??

I wouldn't give a monkeys if I was you!! I'm 45 and can still rave with the best of them and, if need be, drink them all under the table! Enjoy it, let yourself go as you never see them again!! xx

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,789 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Am I too old for castaways??

where is castaways island in VN?

Just doing some research for one day when I'm finally kid free...

5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Am I too old for castaways??

It's a tour in ha long bay.

It's a 3 day party boat tour, so I'd love to hear from someone who has actually been. They have an age limit of 35 max, but I don't want to be stuck in an 18-20yo party because I'm not going to enjoy that.

I want to see if there is actually a broad age range.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,789 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Am I too old for castaways??

WOW.

OK I don't think my liver is up for this but you should go if you're out to get yourself tanked and party hard. I don't think your age is going to be a problem, the state of your liver might be after the cruise lol

I came across this whilst googling - looks like lots of imitators already so make sure you book the original one.

vietnambackpackerhostels.com/halong-bay-cast…

Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Am I too old for castaways??

I have a feeling most of the people would be on the younger side for something like this. Around the time I hit 30 I really started slowing down on the drinking because the recovery time just took too long. Once in awhile I go too hard and I really suffer for it the next day.

Hexham, United...
Level Contributor
208 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Am I too old for castaways??

You just need more practise Jake R :-)

5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Am I too old for castaways??

Hahaha yeah I'm 27 now turning 28 soon and I've definitely slowed down with drinking. It will kinda be my last opportunity to party like that if I go...so I'd really love to do it lol.

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
663 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Am I too old for castaways??

avoid hangovers by staying drunk.

64 years old and still rockin'. Those kids can't keep up with me. ;-)

Pep

jacksonville
Level Contributor
3,965 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Am I too old for castaways??

I would be happy just to be 40 again... 27 was not even the start of being too old for anything... hell at 27 you could be one of my grandkids and if the wife would let me I would move to that island.....

Reply to: Am I too old for castaways??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted