We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vietnam/laos itinerary

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Vietnam/laos itinerary

Hi guys! I need a bit of help tweaking an itinerary.

Me and my boyfriend are planning to travel to vietnam & laos in november/december this year.

Currently this is what im looking to do but im worried its too much moving.

Melbourne to Ho Chi Minh, stay 4 nights

Fly from HCM to Nha Trang, stay 3 nights (willing to cut this out as was looking to Come here for a bit of a resort/beach stay but thinking because of weather maybe there is no point in this?)

Nha Trang to Luang Prabang, Laos (or from HCM if cut out Nha Trang) stay 5 nights

Bus from Luang Prabang to Vang Vieng, stay 4 nights

Bus from Vang Vieng to Vientiane where we fly home to Melbourne.

Please advise if you think this is too much movement :) and if you think its worthwhile going to nha trang in november. Please note we are 20 years old. We can only travel in november :) thankyou!!

6 replies to this topic
Ben Tre, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,363 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Vietnam/laos itinerary

It is doable (Not too much moving I think)! Phu Quoc island or Con Dao island or Mui Ne beach can replace for Nha Trang beach. Check them out!

Cheers,

DinHo

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vietnam/laos itinerary

these islands will require backtracking and going in and out of HCM more than once... is there anywhere else you recommend mainland that is a good place to visit, so that i don't have to go back and forth?? :)

Ben Tre, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,363 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Vietnam/laos itinerary

Check out Danang (Hoian) - An Bang beach resort. Mui Ne beach, Nha Trang beach or An Bang beach is in mainland!

Cheers,

DinHo

4. Re: Vietnam/laos itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 June 2017, 06:35

Houston, texas, USA
Level Contributor
2,687 posts
530 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vietnam/laos itinerary

Not to much movement thought you will end up backtracking. I like Laos but have never stayed more than three days at a time in either city, and generally picked one per trip but assume you have done your homework and found found things to keep you busy.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vietnam/laos itinerary

hi, i like what luang prabang & vang vieng has to offer- i might skip a beach side town in vietnam and extend my HCM stay to 5 nights.

Reply to: Vietnam/laos itinerary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted