We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking on Asia Web Direct

Australia
4 posts
1 review
Booking on Asia Web Direct

Travelling to Krabi & Phuket in July/August. Have to book accom. in Krabi myself as travel agent doesn't have them on their books, wanting to know if using Asia Web Direct is a safe option and if anyone has ever had any problems in the past.

A bit apprehensive as never done this before.

Queensland...
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
166 reviews
1. Re: Booking on Asia Web Direct

Hi, TasTraveller, its up to you who you want to book thru, we do our bookings thru directrooms.com & have never had any problems. CJ

Hanford, California
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Booking on Asia Web Direct

I just researched hotels online and then I booked my room directly through the hotel web site.

Australia
4 posts
1 review
3. Re: Booking on Asia Web Direct

sakur01 -The hotel i'm looking at doesn't seem to have that option, only throught the Asia Web Direct. Seems to be a fabulous hotel tho. Krabi La Playa Resort, heard some great reports.

Hanford, California
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: Booking on Asia Web Direct

How about www.krabilaplaya.com? Looks like a nice place.

Australia
4 posts
1 review
5. Re: Booking on Asia Web Direct

Blond Moment.....Thanks for that, might have to stop using search engines....Most others seem to use Asia Web Direct.

Gran Canaria, spain
Level Contributor
35 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: Booking on Asia Web Direct

For our may trip to Thailand I have now reserved 5 different hotels in

BKK,Chaing Mai,Phuket,phiphi and krabi and the best prices for ALL of them was the hotels own websites. And I've been using a lot of time on the internet. Not asiaroom,asiatravel,farang.com,passion.com, precision or planet holyday could give me a better price than I've found on their own websites. I've booked highend 5* hotels so I don't know if its the same case with cheaper hotels.

Also just a comment to the last poster. Searchengine is a wonderfull thing BUT always remember that TODAY people PAY BIG MONEY TO GET THEIR LISTINGS ON PAGE 1 OF A SERACH. This means if you search for a certain hotel there might be 20K hits and the first 5 pages pays money to be shown first, so maybe you have to go through 30 page before you find what you were searching for.

UK
Level Contributor
404 posts
13 reviews
7. Re: Booking on Asia Web Direct

Asia Web direct are actually the holding company for many other websites incuding Gothailand.com,GoBangkok.com and latestays.com.

I have used both Gothailand and Latestays.com without any problems when it comes to getting the correct room for the price paid.

Your problems will start however should you require a refund due to any unexpected events such as a delayed flight or family matter.I got my refund in the end (less service charge) but it took 2 months of continual pestering and hassle.For this reason Asia Web Direct and all those websites contained there in will not be getting my business again.

Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Booking on Asia Web Direct

I've seen Krabi Lay playa on lots of local sites, I always goes through any Sawadee system, local and have never failed, try Beachsiam.com and others, you can search Yahoo for local Thailand websites. Worth asking them direct for a price and then see what you can find.

Montreal, QC
Level Contributor
617 posts
12 reviews
9. Re: Booking on Asia Web Direct

Juridf I can get cheaper rates for 5* hotels on on their ownsites, but unlike the other websites that you mention tax and breakfast won't be included...which adds a fair amount to the total.

Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
10. Re: Booking on Asia Web Direct

With Sawadee and others I use you can request several hotels, no need for credit card details or anything, they then give you a firm offer, on as many places as you want to request, then you get couple of days to think about it, if you decide to choose one of them you then give c/card information, normaly one night ( but I think that can vary by hotel ) deposit and the balance you pay a few weeks before arrival, easy.

Tas - if you want to book local in Australia go to asiaoz.com and click on Asia Hotels and they no doubt have la Playa, I don't know what there terms are but you pay to a service, Hotelclub i think in NSW so that gives you some peace of mind.