We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Power Points

Australia
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Topic
Power Points

Hi again,

I'm hoping to use my video and digital camera a lot whilst in Phuket. However, the battery needs to be charged quite often.

The power plug is for australian power points.. will i need to get a covertor? If so, should i wait until i get to phuket to buy it? Would it be cheaper there than buying it in Australia?

thankyou

kara

Ao Chalong / Rawai
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Power Points

Hi Pennylane1985

You are certainly not alone with this problem and the staff at your hotel deal with this all of the time. If the outlets in your room do not except the particular plugs from your home country then they may have the adapters at the hotel or they will know the closest place that you can find them.

They are very cheap localy at the hardware stores or you can find them at the larger minimarts and building supply shops if you do not want to make a special trip to a mall.

Ask reception first and they will advise you depending on what part of the Island that you will be staying.

Regards From Phuket

Richard & Megumi

Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,908 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Power Points

HiKara, you can buy them at airport before you leave Aust. They are veru cheap & saves you a lot of running around when you get there. CJ

Australia
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Power Points

Thank you both for your replys!!